Funny story - so I've been sitting on the CARD I wanted to share for this post for quite some time. Yesterday morning I couldn't sleep so I got up at 4:30 am and did this post. At 4:00 PM I realized the theme is Festive TREAT ... and I made a Festive CARD! ... so with just 20 minutes before a meeting I had scheduled I ran down and whipped up a coordinating TREAT to match the card ... so let's start with the CARD, shall we? hee hee ...
This is SO my style! Quite clean and simple with minimal stamping. I got my inspiration from Rick D Adkins over at rckinsmonstudio.com. This is his card I came across on Pinterest a few months back and I LOVED the layout ...
- Standard Whisper White card base of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Cherry Cobbler Designer Paper ... which I realized AFTER the fact is from LAST year's holiday catalogue ... but have no fear! There is a virtually identical design in THIS year's catalogue, in the Wrapped in Plaid 6" x 6" DSP. I cut that layer at 2" x 5 1/2"
- Wood Grain layer is from the "Come to Gather" DSP on the holiday catalogue, cut t0 3" x 4 1/4"
- The top Whisper White Layer is cut 3 1/2" x 2 1/4"
- I used the "Brightly Gleaming" stamp et to stamp the holly and sentiment. The holly is stamped in Mossy Meadow ink (and coloured with my Cherry Cobbler Dark and Old Olive light and dark blends) and the sentiment is in Cherry Cobbler.
The top layer is popped up on dimensionals.
SO quick and easy - this is my favourite Christmas card so far this year.
Now, as I mentioned, I needed a TREAT to go WITH this card to stay with the blog hop theme ... so here it is!
I cut mine out of Cherry Cobbler paper, made a tag in Whisper White with my stitched circle, stamped the Holly and sentiment in Mossy Meadow and then coloured the holly with my blends. To do it again I would make sure the Blends were totally dry before stamping the sentiment, as the sentiment did bleed ... but time was money! lol.
I added our Striped Cherry Cobbler ribbon (12" piece) to attach the tag and BAM! One super fast treat. Love it!
Thanks for popping in - have yourself a stampy day!
Blog Hop List: