Tuesday, December 24, 2019

You've Got This Girl! - Kylie's Maui Achievers Blog Hop

Welcome to the Maui Achievers Blog Hop!  I'm Tamara Bertram, coming to you from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  I'm SO excited to he hopping with so many AMAZING demonstrators from around the glove as we bring you our projects this month!  Hopefully you will find some inspirations as you hop along.  Please leave comments for us as you go - it's always nice to hear what you think of our work.  Happy Hopping!

I have TWO cards to share today!  ... 10 hours LATE in posting, as I got my dates and times zones flipped with another hop I'm doing on Boxing Day but better late than never, I suppose!  It's funny that my card says "You've Got This, Girl" when in fact I do NOT have this *lol*

"Anything Current" is the theme and I was excited to play with non-Christmas sets!  I was pressed for time in creating them (little did I know I had already missed the deadline completely! lol) so I wanted to go with a simple, easy feel.  My eyes fell upon a FEW sets and I'm thrilled that they play nicely off each other.

My first one used two sets - the sentiment is from "Here's To Strong Women" and the splotch is from "Modern Heart".  I kept the colour palette simple, using just Whisper White, Basic Black and Bermuda Bay.  I love how it turned out:

 * Tip:  Whenever I want to keep things simple I turn to TEXTURE for interest.  On this card I heat embossed the sentiment in black, and the background is dry embossed with the Brick & Mortar Embossing folder.  You really don't need anything more!  Simple!

The next card I made . again uses the "Modern Heart" set and this time I paired it with "Strong and Beautiful" for the sentiment:


(Sorry for the lighting!  It's pretty dark at midnight over here in Canada! lol)

This layout is actually CASEd right out of our catalogue - I just changed the sentiment and colours.  I used Pretty Peacock, Blackberry Bliss and Highland Heather.  Again, I added texture by embossing the image and the sentiment and I used my snips to cut out the sentiment before popping it up on dimensionals.  I added a few Champagne Rhinestones for some bling.

There you are!  Two simple cards!  JUST what we need at this time of year - SIMPLE!

I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all the very best in the year ahead.  Enjoy hopping along with our other players!



Tam

Post Script:  My apologies - the link I need to join the blog hop is closed (how odd, given I'm only 11 hours late! lol).  If/when the link opens again I'll add the links to the other hoppers so you can hop along to check them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment