Thursday, February 27, 2020

Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop - CASE Shelli

Happy Thursday! ... and Happy Blog Hop Day!

Tamara Bertram from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada here!  Thanks for popping in to check out our Stampin' Creative Global Blog hop!  Each month a number of demonstrators from around the world share our projects with a common theme.  This month the them is "CASE Shelli"!  Grab a cup of coffee or tea, get comfy and hop along.  Just as Shelli inspired OUR cards, we hope our cards inspire YOU!

I spent quite a bit of time scrolling through Shelli's Blog "So Shelli".  Shelli has a fairly distinctive style.  She like soft colours, vintage, nature and/or boxes!  My research led me to THIS card that was presented at the On Stage in Dortmund, Germany last fall.  This was the inspiration for MY card.

Somewhat shockingly I do NOT have the stamp set Shelli used on this card!  She used "Genuine Gems".  I was actually kind of GLAD I didn't have that one as it made me think outside the box a bit and stretch my creativity.  

Here's my card ...
This was fun to make!  I started with a Blushing Bride card base and use a Whisper White layer measuring 5 1/4" x 4".

I grabbed two AMAZING stamp sets ...

I started by placing the sentiments on my layer ...
 ... then I used my largest block to pick all of the stamps up at once
I stamped them in Blushing Bride ink.

I then stamped them another time (on piece of scrap) in a very juice Soft Suede ink, covered them with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set them.  Why didn't I use Versamark instead of Soft Suede ink?  Well a) my versamark was waaaaaaaay over on the other side of the room and b) I actually prefer to work with ink than versamark.  I find I get a lot of "halos" when I use versamark.  I tend to ink too hard ... and then I stamp the image too hard and get halos.  When I use ink I have less of that.

Once I heat set the sentiments I fussy cut some of the words and popped those words up using mini dimensionals.

I used the "Positive Thoughts" stamp set to stamp the images in Soft Sea Foam and So Saffron inks.
I thought the card needed a little "something" more ... but it was already quite busy.  Sequins and other embellishments were too much ... so a grabbed an OLD tool that hasn't seen the light of day in quite some time ... my "spritzer" tool!  Remember THIS bad boy?
You insert your marker into the holder and then squeeze the "bum".  Air poofs out against your marker and the ink splatters.  Messy fun!  Of course you CAN get similar slatters just from tapping your finger firmly on your marker but this was more fun lol.
 I popped the layer up onto the Blushing Bride base with dimensionals and BAM!  Done!  This was actually quite a quick card to put together!

That's it for me!  I hope it inspires you to try something new and move outside your comfort zone.  

Check out what my friends have to offer ... and have a stampy day!


Tam

10 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS oh my what a clever idea and a great result. Fresh and funky!!plus great sentiments for today's world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! Totally different from my usual style, making it that much more fun for me! I'm into fussy cutting lately this one was perfect to CASE

      Delete
  2. Love this card idea, Tam! Gonna CASE you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again all you girls have come up with some very nice designs. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamara, your card is genius! I love this! I forgot I had this set.. you have inspired me to get it out and play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! That's the best compliment us stampers can get!

      Delete