Thursday, May 28, 2020

Whatever the Weather - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop

Happy Blog Hop Day!

Tamara Bertram coming to you from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  Each month demonstrators from around the globe show you our creations around a common theme.  This month the theme was "Whatever The Weather".  That left LOTS of room for interpretation ... and I ran with it!  I started off with a bunch of umbrellas and rain boots.  I ended up with this ... *lol*
(MAN the lighting is tough today! ...)
I really do worry how my mind goes from point A to point Q in about 5 minutes flat lol.

This is called a Double Twisted Easel Card.  It is SO easy to make and punches quite the POW!
  • Start with a piece of thick 7" x 7" card stock.  Score it at 3 1/2"
  • Turn your cardstock 1/4 turn and measure to the 3 1/2"point.  Cut down to the score line
  • On the left 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square, score diagonally from the top right to the middle cut
  • On the right 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square, score diagonally from the top right to the middle cut
  • Fold the card on all the score lines and burnish well with a bone folder
  • Put aside and now cut two 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square that will be adhered to the top of the two inside triangles of your 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" pieces
  • Attached strong adhesive (tear and tape) to the triangles
  • Attach your 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" pieces and decorate as desired!
I used the retiring designer papers "Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP" and "Bird Ballad".  I used several dies - Stitched Shapes (circle), Layering Circles (scalloped circle) and the frame from Ornate Frames.  I *may* have a stash of bird I fussy cut whilst watching Season 11 or RuPaul's Drag Race so that saved me a lot of time! lol.  I added some White Seam Binding and some Champagne Rhinestones to finished it off.  Oh!  ... I stamped the sentiment, from Good Morning Magnolia, in Early Espresso.  THAT is how this cards fits the "Whatever the Weather" theme in Tamara-World.
 This card was tricky to take pictures of to showcase the 3-D look of it ... here are my best attempts!

This is how it would come out of the envelope (yes, I have to make one, as the card is 7" x 3 1/2")
Here it is open ...
 Here it is propped up ...
And here are some side views ...

 Here are close ups of the two propped up panels ..

.. and once again, the completed project ...
So there you have it!  This a FUN card to make!  I hope my instructions made sense.  If not, Uncle Google and Uncle YouTube can help you out.  I DO plan to make a video this week ... but time will tell!

Thanks for popping in!  Click on the names of my friends below to hop to their blogs and see what THEY came up with for "Whatever the Weather".

Have a stampy day!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers I LOVE this project!! Beautiful birds and great fold. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the inspiration , your card is beautiful and I would really like to try this fancy fold x

    ReplyDelete