Thursday, June 25, 2020

In Colour Combo - Stampin' Creative Global Blog Hop


Happy Blog Hop Day!

Tamara Bertram coming to you from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  Each month demonstrators from around the globe come together to share with you our creations around a common theme.  With the new 2020 Annual Catalogue now in full swing we decided the theme this month would be "In Colour Combo".  With a total of 10 In Colour colours (five brand new ones!) there are LOADS of combinations that can be made!  Where is a girl to start??!!

I'll tell you where I start ... especially when I just can't seem to come up with more than two colours to put together on a card.  I head to Uncle Google and I search for "SU Color Lab".  It takes me to a FABULOUS tool and website that helps me every time.  Seriously.  Check it out!  You just pick what colour(s) you want to work with and it gives you colour combinations to choose from!  Pick the one that floats your boat!

For example ... I knew I wanted to use our new "Misty Moonlight" ... and wanted some options.  Here is what the lab offered me ..
You can add in several colours and search or, like I did, just one colour.

I decided I really liked the Misty Moonlight and Seaside Spray pairing.  It was light and airy.  This is what I created with it ...



I love how it turned out!  ... and so quick and easy!
 
The stamp set I used is new in the 2020 Annual Catalogue - "Seaside View".  I was drawn to the calm, relaxing images.  Calm and relaxing is something ALL of us could use in our new world so I knew this was a set I would use a LOT this year!

I started with a Whisper White card base, added a 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" layer of Misty Moonlight, a 4 1/4" x 3 1/3" layer of Seaside Spray and a top white layer of 4" x 2 3/4".  I stamped the image in Misty Moonlight and then coloured the image with my Soft Seafoam Stampin' Write Marker (as the images I was colouring was so thin I wanted the precision of the journalling tip) and my Blends Markers.  I used the light Seaside Spray and the light Misty Moonlight.  Blends are the way to go when colouring larger images, like the carpets, to avoid lines in your image.

I stamped the sentiment in Misty Moonlight on a 1" x 4" strip of scrap and punched it with my triple banner punch.  (**tip - when using a 1" strip in your punch add 1/2" to the length you actually WANT, as you lose 1/2" when you punch it!)

I popped the Seaside Spray layer up on dimensionals and the sentiment, as well.  I added rhinestones from the "Holiday Rhinestones" and DONE!

SUCH a pretty little card.  I plan to mass produce this one.  I'll do the colouring while watching a show with the girls.

That's it!  Hop on down the list and check out what my friends have come up with for THEIR In Colour Combo.

Have a stampy day!


Tam

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW I love that colour combo and your card!! Just gorgeous!! And now another set on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! And thank you for reminding me about the SU Color Lab! What a great resources for finding color combos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Agreed! The Color Lab is an AWESOME tool!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!! So dreamy and just where I'd love to be right now xx

    ReplyDelete