Friday, December 10, 2010

So Simple!

Happy Friday All!

I'm just killing time until I head off to the Butterdome Craft Sale with my oldest friend, Wendy.  No, she's not OLD, we've just been friends since Grade 5.  We lost touch for a number of years but we have found each other again and I just LOVE getting together with her.  Love you Wen!
I've been crafting like crazy lately but what I've made has either been something you've already seen (30 teacher gifts - 12 M&M ornament balls and 53 Christmas cards to date!) or have been to ugly to post!  I've hit Christmas Card burn out!  Seriously!  I've been making Christmas cards since August!  Yes, Christmas cards are my FAVORITE ones to make but I am now officially sick of my current stamp sets and sick of the same old colors!  Now that I've sent out 53 cards I've run out of my "stash" and need more.  I couldn't face making more of the same ones and have been struggling to find something a) quick and b) stunning.  Last night I spent 2 hours trying to case a monochromatic card from May Fish.  I figured I couldn't go wrong with 5 layers of white.  Wrong.  Why is it that when I see other peoples' simple cards I LOVE them but when I try them I don't??  Anyway - here is the one I made - at the end of the night I figured "well, there's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back!"

I had a little more luck this afternoon.  I was determined to make a simple card with my Jolly Bingo Bits set.  I'm quite happy with what I came up with - simple and quick.  I just might tweak it a little and make it into a Z-fold card.  I'll play with it tomorrow.
Have a great Friday evening and a fantastic weekend.  2 weeks until Christmas!  Yee Ha!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment