Well! With the temperature in Edmonton hitting a not-so-balmy MINUS 47 degrees with the wind chill today I figured it is a GREAT day to do a blog post and hibernate in my ugella FarrCraft Cave! GEEZ that's cold! In fact, I believe Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is destined to be the coldest place on Earth this week. Swell! Thinkin' Doodle Dog is gunna be missing a few walks!
Today I'm sharing my absolute favourite card in for-EVER!! Seriously! In fourteen years of playing with paper this has GOT to be in my top 3 faves. I'll preface by saying I can't take credit for it - I CASEd it from Stampin' Up! Artisan Narella Farrugia over at https://narallafarrugia.com. She is my new favourite stamper to stalk! Check out this STUPENDOUS card she made!
It. Is. STUNNING!
I changed it EVER so slightly. Here is my CASEd version:
The set is "Lovely Lily Pad" and it is FREE with a $60 (CDN) order during our Sale-a-brations promotion that runs all month. You can also get the coordinating Lily Pad DIES with a $120 order (so to get both you need a $180 order). I realize a $180 is nothing to sneeze at so DO know that good old fashions SCISSORS can cut those bad boys out! Speaking of, scissors are what I used to cut out the "Thinking of You" sentiment that came from the Woven Heirlooms stamp set.
If you would like to place an order to get these items, I would SO appreciate you ordering through my online store (if you are in Canada). You can do so here. If your order is under $200 and you use hostess code BEGD7QRN at the the checkout I'll mail you a little thank you gift!
Here are the fine details and how-to's for the card:
Whisper White Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Poppy Parade Layer (popped up on dimesionals): 4 3/4" plus 2 ticks x 3 1/2" plus 2 ticks
Whisper White top layer: 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Start by stamping the following pieces:
- Colour the Lily Pads with the light Granny Apple Green Blend and then colour the second largest ring of the Lily Pad with your dark Granny Apple Green Blend
- Attach them to the card top layer using snail adhesive.
- Colour the leaves with your light and dark Soft Sea Foam Blends
- Colour the water at this point. Use your light Pool Party blends to just add some blue around the lily pads and then use the dark Pool Party Blend for a little deeper colour under each of the lily pads for a shadow effect.
- Colour your flowers. My preferred technique is to colour the entire flower with the dark Poppy Parade Blends and then highlight the base of each petal with your dark Cherry Cobbler blend. I then take my Poppy Parade blend and go over the entire image again, to make sure there are no harsh lines between the two colours and that they blend nicely together for subtle shading.
- Attach the medium flower with snail. Attach the two small flowers and large flower with dimensionals. Attach the leaves with snail.
- stamp your sentiment in Black Memento Ink, fussy cut with scissors and pop up in dimensionals.
- use Wink of Stella for some glitz on your flowers
- add three sequins to finish it off.
To mass produce this card I stamped 10 sets of each of the pieces I needed and cut them out. I then coloured them while watching a movie with my girls (GOTTA multitask! lol) and then just assembled. I wasn't originally sold on this bundle ... until this card. Now I say EVERYONE needs it - NEEDS it! lol. Yes, I'm rather passionate about this one.
So that's it for today! I hope it's warmer where you are ... and that you have a super stampy day! Thanks for popping in.