Sunday, October 13, 2019

Perfectly Plaid ... and a Super Special Guest!

Happy Sunday!

Canadian Thanksgiving up here so I'm all ready for the feast-of-all-feasts with my stretch pants and Tums!  Right after I walk Doodle Dog I'm whipping up a Pecan Pie and a Lemon Pie, then heading to Mom's to eat until I fell ill.  Fun, right? lol

It has been a FANTASTIC but exhausting weekend so far!  I had my Feels Like Frost class Friday night which was lots of fun.  Eight lovely women came over and I loved that there were some new faces in the crowd!  I LOVE getting to know people and, as often happens, finding out that we have friends in common all across the country!  (That "Seven degrees of separation" thing is a THING!).  ANYWAY! ... I got that class wrapped up and cleaned up around 10:30 pm but then had to get busy flipping the projects to get ready for my "Stampin' Social" with my Tamara's Trailblazers team.  I LOVE our monthly get togethers.  They aren't stuffy "team meetings" but just a group of 15-20 friends getting together to have some laughs, share some hugs, eat some REALLY naughty food ... and stamp.  This month we had a SUPER Special Guest join us ... Dale Hampshire, the Demonstrator Development Manager for Canada (aka my boss) come from Calgary to see what we do and how we do it.  What a thrill!

Naturally, in true Tamara fashion, I was still designing our Make & Take projects Thursday evening ... and still putting the finishing touches on my program at 7:00 pm Friday evening ... but (as always) it all came together and was SO fun!

Let's check out the projects we made, shall we?  My original plan was for us to make Christmas tags using the Perfectly Plaid bundle of projects.  Alas, on Thursday, when I sat down to create, I just wasn't feeling it ... and then I started to panic a bit!  What to DO??  You know me - I have to LOVE a project to be able to teach it!  Off to Pinterest I went for some inspiration.  I came across a set of cards that were PERFECT for my event ... so I cased it.  Not just a little.  Not just for inspiration.  100% copied it from Fiona Rozaria.  Here is the Pin that caught my eye:
LOVE them!  Within an hour I had created 12 cards using 1/4 of a pack of the Wrapped in Plaid designer paper (6" x 6") . What got me REALLY excited is that the left over scraps of DSP weren't wasted!  I used them to make 12 gift tags, 12 bookmarks and a little strip of DSP to go INSIDE the card.  The only waste from the 6" x 6" piece of DSP was the teeny triangle that was cut off when I flag ended the bookmark piece.  MY kind of project!

Here are my projects:



This was a ridiculously quick and easy batch of projects to make.  Seriously!

Here are the deets:

Cards:  
Whisper white Standard Card base - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Wrapped in Plaid DSP layer:  4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Whisper White top layer:  4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
With the left over large chunk of DSP, trim to 2".  Use the 2" piece to make a tag using the Tag Topper punch of your choice and the Triple banner punch to flag end them.  The thin 3/4" piece is used to make a bookmark, again with the Tag Topper and Triple Banner punches.

To make the top layer, put the whisper white 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" piece of card stock in the Pine Tree punch.  Push the paper all the way in and then line up the right edge of the card stock with the right edge of the punch ... and punch.  Flip your white paper around and do the same thing again.  You will have 2 trees punched in your paper with the SLIGHTEST bit of white cs between them.  Don't worry of the two trees run into each other ie if you punched them a little too close and the are now one big punched out piece.  You will be putting the third tree on TOP of the two punched out ones and no one will see that they run together.

Adhere your DSP to the base and the white layer to the DSP

Next ... the third tree.  You can either stamp one of your punched out trees with a tree stamp .. or you can stamp on some whit scrap and then punch it out with the Pine Tree punch.  Whichever you prefer.  Use two dimensionals to pop your third tree up.
Next stamp the Ho Ho Ho on scrap white and punch it out with your Classic Label punch and tape it to your third tree.

A 5" piece of linen thread tied in a bow and attached with a glue dot finishes the front off.

Decorate the inside with the thin strip of DSP you have left and trim it to the length of your card base.

The 2: tag uses one of the leftover white trees you had punched out - this is where you can add the name of the recipient.  Cut a 4" piece of Spruce/Gold ribbon and an 8" piece of linen thread (strung through a Jingle Bell) and attach to the tag.

The Bookmark uses a 6" piece of Curvy Real Red Ribbon.

I hope that all makes sense!  I think it's pretty straight forward just looking at the projects.  I'll do a quick demonstration this Tuesday on my "Check it out Tuesday" Facebook Live video on my facebook business page "Tamara's Paper Trail".  7 pm Mountain Time, if you want to check it out!

I also offering some classes on making these projects.  If you live in the Edmonton area I'd love to have you come along.  I have three crafting options for you.
  • come and make 12 cards, 12 tags and 12 bookmarks - $40
  • same as above but get the Pine Tree punch to KEEP - $60
  • same as above but get the Pine Tree punch AND the Perfectly Plaid stamp set to keep - $70
Friday November 29th at 7 pm is my evening session; Monday, Dec 2nd at 9:30 am is my morning session.  If these dates and times don't work for you let me know - I'd be happy to hold a private class for you and your friends!

That's it for today.  I better crack on with that walk and get to those pies so they have time to set up!

Whatever you get up to today I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving and a stampy day!  I'll leave you with pictures from yesterday's Social.  SYS!


Tam



















PS - it was a busy delivery week!  UPS was her twice and now my front entrance looks like a shipping depot! lol.  Koda kept an eye on things ...


1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete