Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thinking of You ...

Yay!  I've had a lovely, realxing day full of nothing and crafting :)  That's the PERFECT Sunday in my books! 

My mission today was to create two cards.  The first was to be a gift-card-holder for our niece's birthday on Friday.  The second was to be a "Thinking of You" card for a dear friend whose husband passed away 2-years ago.  Ideally the "Thinking of You" card would be made using the Faux Silk technique so I could use that card for my upcoming technique class.  Well ... mission(s) not-quite-accomplished but it was a darned good try!

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new layout.  You saw it last week on my "Guy Valentine" card.  I didn't PLAN to use this laoyout but as usual, when I went to craft today I needed to shovel off my desk (I'm not the tidiest crafter!)  The last layer of "stuff" on my desk was the pre-cut supplies left over from my "Guy Valentine" card.  I looked at it and figured it would be a great layout for a sympathy card ... or a quick birthday card ... pretty much ANY occasion.  GOTTA love those kind of layouts!!!  So ..... out came 3 more ink pads and 5 more stamps sets; 5 containers of brads and 4 different ribbons and a mere 15 minutes later VOILA!  Here's what I came up with:
I used the new-ish Decorative Label Punch (from the holiday mini but is still available) to punch out the window and to punch a little piece off the strip next to the sentiment.  The sentiment is the MUST have "Sincere Sentiments" and the paper is the retired Groom Specialty paper (of course I didn't even OPEN that pack until it was retired!!!!) I used the Filigree brads with black brads for the centre of the flowers.  I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!  (Of course now I need to stock up on more Filegree Brads!!!)  I suspect this won't be the last card I make using this layout :)

I also love my next card - it uses the faux silk technique - but you'll have to come back tomorrow to see that one :)  ... and I guess I need to keep working on that gift-card holder!

Have a great Sunday (mmmm - roast beef, mashed potatoes (or mashed cauliflower for those of us counting WW points!), salad and pineapple upside down cake ...).  See you tomorrow!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment