OK - so I seem to be on a bit of a kick to finish off projects that I started donkey's years ago. Back in December I started making the girls their annual Christmas Decorations (each year I make them a special decoration of some sort so when they grow up and move away they will have ornaments for their trees - all handmade by Mommy). I had them 95% done by December 24th but I hadn't quite gotten around to attaching the strings. Last weekend I finally made time. I went to the "M" store and found some bead-type-contraptions to hang from them (no - I didn't have any of the SU baubles). 3 hours later (it took me that long to string the blessed things onto the wire and hot glue the wire together so it would stay tied! Jewellery making and/or bead thingies are NOT my forte!)
I'm more-or-less happy with how they turned out. Of course now that I have about 20 hours invested in each one Alicia tells me she doesn't want an orange one so I guess I'll be making another one for her! The purple one might have to be re-done - I don't like how the start at the bottom tilts to the left. I think the wire is just a little too tight. We'll see - I might take the "it's not perfect which adds to the charm" theory :)
I do like making these flowers - time consuming but really pretty.
Here is a card I made. I think I'll use this one for my Easter card this year - minus the coloring of the tulips on the border. A little OTT (over-the-top) in my opinion. Sometimes you should leave well enough alone!