Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Variations on a theme ...

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are all surving Spring Break without resorting to alcohol at 8:00 am :)  Gotta admit by noon on Monday I was getting a little twitchy and wondering how we would all make it through the week but things have improved - the bickering has lessened a bit and we have been outside which REALLY helps (we're off to the park again right after lunch).

While the girls were playing this morning I snuck down to my craft room to do some much needed crafting (yes, I have to sneak - they always want me near by!)  My high-school best friend is coming over Friday night to make Easter cards with me and my girls so I figured I should have some ideas ready.  Here is the first one - look familiar?  Yep - it's a variation of my Circle Circus birthday card:


(I used Circle Circus, Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, Pretty in Pink, Concord Crush and Marina Mist inks and the Concord Crush cs & ribbon, the jumbo scallop and 1 3/8", 1" & 3/4" circle punches - and lots of dimensionals)

It's not my FAVORITE card of all time (I'm not a hugs fan of the traditional Easter colors) but I think it will be fun (and easy) for the girls to make.

I then wanted to make a simpler version of this card:
Here is what I came up with:

(I used Crosses of Hope, God's Blessings, the Tuplip embossing folder, Concord Crush cs and ink, finger dauber and a rhinestone)

Finally - a friend of mine is getting married in April and I want to give her a stack of Thank You cards as a gift.  I tweaked this card:

... and came up with this one:

(I used Sahara Sand ink & cs, Tulip folder, finger dauber, Bliss, Black Staz-On, Modern Label & Word Window punches, pearls, dimensionals & the sentiment from Short & Sweet)

So although my projects aren't 100% new they certainly fit the bill.  Heck - why re-invent the wheel, right? 

I hope to do more crafting in the next few days so I can use my BRAND NEW stamp set and designer series paper from the upcoming Summer Mini catalogue.  Check back soon to see what I come up with.

Have a happy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment