Monday, April 11, 2011

Rebecca is turning 8!

Wow - 8 years old.  I won't say it - we all say it - so I won't say it.

Rebecca's birthday is on Easter Monday this year.  She INSISTS on having her party on the actual date of her birth so Easter Monday it is (I just hope everyone isn't going to Grandma's house for Ester dinner and that they can come to her party!)  She decided on a bowling party (skating and swimming were in the running but for skating the helmet would squish her hair and for swimming she couldn't wear her pretty dress ... not to mention the fact that she can't swim!) so bowling won.  As usual I made her invitations.  I LOVE them :)  They took a lot longer than I thought they would to make but a crafting mom's gotta do what a crafting mom's gotta do, right?  Here's what I came up with:

Yes, it's another penny spinner card.  Hee hee - once again I sit and giggle at my card (there is a distinct possibility that I'm "losing it"!)

I used a clipart picture from the internet for the bowling pins.  I cut them out, colored the red stripes and popped them up using dimensionals.  I used the word window punch for the slit for the bowling ball, which was made with the 1" circle punch.  I used whisper white craft ink and a Q-Tip for the white dots (my white gel pen wouldn't co-operate!)  The squiggles are from my very first stamp set that I got in my starter kit.  The name escapes me but it has been retired for about 4 years.  I use this stamp on LOTS of cards (and LOTS of envelopes).

I have another card to post but have to run so you'll have to come back tomorrow to see it.  I know, I'm a card tease :)

Have a fun day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment