Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring at last!

Yes, it seems to have FINALLY arrived!  In the same way that I get the itch to spring clean, go for walks and change the flannel sheets to cotton I also get the itch to start crafting using brighter, springier colors - it's time to push the neutrals aside for a while and start reaching for the brights!

I had been eyeing the "Bold Blossoms" set in the mini for some time now and I finally bought it (actually I earned it for free!) and got it out yesterday.  It didn't tkae me a FULL 2 hours to make this card but it did take a bit of time to get the color combination just the way I wanted it :)
I made it into a penny spinner card :)  Once again the picture doesn't reflect the proper colors - much prettier in real life!  I used Poppy Parade (took me a while to warm up to this color but I find I'm using it more and more these days!) Wild Wasabi and Daffodil Delight.  I used the 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches for the flowers and the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches for the butterfly.  For the body of the butterfly and centre of the flowers I used the rhinestones and colored them with my green sharpie.  Sooo pretty :)  I added glitter to everything for that extra punch of bling.  I love that you can use any sentiment in the little window.  Teeny Tiny Wishes covers most occasions you would want.

Funny how I spent 2 hours on yesterday's "quick & easy" card and then went downstairs at 7:00 pm and came up with this in about 20 minutes:

Again - the color stinks in the picture but is really pretty "live".  This card easily designed itself.  I have always wanted to try the "baby wipe" technique.  After 5 years of crafting I finally tried it and this was the result.  I like it!  (Guess what technique we'll be learning in tomorrow's class?)  Solid images work best for this technique and I had it in mind when I bought this set ($2 from the sale of each of this new Strength & Hope set goes towards Breast Cancer research).  I used More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip reinkers on a baby wipe creating my own custom ink pad.  I used the same "ink pad" for all 3 stamped images.  I layered the butterfly and the swirl on More Mustart and Cherry Cobbler cs and added More Mustard brads.  What a fun technique!

That's it for now - I'm going to try to work on my National Nurses Week card and a few workshop cards today ... but we'll see what happens.  It's a half day for Rebecca and gymnastics this afternoon.  I have to set up for my class (since tomorrow is full of errands and deliveries!) and of course there are the usual daily chores that need doing.  Fingers crossed I can get a little stamping in :)

Have a fun day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment