Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunny Fun

Happy Sunday :)

As much as I would love to be outside today, thanks to the wind, I'm just as happy to have an excuse to be INside and crafting.  I'm working on finishing off about 20 partially completed cards for my "stash" and a few other little projects.  I had my technique class Friday - as always it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed just kicking back for a few hours and crafting with friends.  I normally have 3 card projects for the class but I thought they were so quick and easy that we might have time for a fourth.  In 20 minutes I came up with this cute little card ... we didn't end up making it as the 3 cards DID take the whole class but I think we'll make this one next month:
(Once again my blurry photos tell me I need to work on my photography skills ... but you get the idea!)
I used Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango CS, the Suuny Fun stamp set, the Modern Label Punch (I layers the Tangerine piece by using the Movers & Shapers Punch Windows Die).  The circle punches used were the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8".  I colored using the markers - Turquoise, Daffodil, Real Red (LOVE the little "rocket" popsicle - still one of my favorite popsicles to eat!), Regal Rose, Crumb Cake (for the popsicle sticks) and Celery.  Of course had to use some Dazzling Diamonds and rhinestones for some shine :)  The sentiments and circles are popped up with dimensionals.  Oh - and I stamped the images with the Staz-On black and had to use my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get them straight and centered.  It looks like a quick card but is actually fairly time consuming.  Not one to be used for a workshop or Stamp-a-stack!

I have to share my latest pics of my girls (and me).  We got to Sears twice a year - around the time of each girl's birthday.  I just got these back last week and absolutely love them.  In the past the whole process has been quite painful - trying to get all three of us looking decent ... and smiling ... twice a year I would ask myself "WHY do I put myself through this twice a year?"  This time it was a lot of fun and I think the pictures prove it.  All the smiles are natural and we really had a good time with it.  As soon as the picture frames go on sale at Michael's I'm off to buy a swack of them!

Have a fun day :)





1 comment:

  1. Oh I haven't done that technique for ages! Get set to do it with! Awesome photos too!!!!

    ReplyDelete