Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wedding Card & Thank You

Well helloooooooooooooooooo there :)  Miss me?  Don't you just HATE when you check a blog and there is nothing new posted for weeks on end?  Me too.  Sorry.  I've been stamping a lot but nothing new.  I've been not-so-patiently waiting for my shipment of stamp sets from the new catty ... it seems my box too the scenic tour of Edmonton this week but it arrived 2 hours ago so I'll be making new cards very soon (of course now the weather has improved and I'll be spending more time outside too!)  What have I been working on?  Well, after making my mom's scrapbook of our trip to Disneyland I had NO creative juices left so I dug out a swack of my left over templates from parties an Stamp-a-stacks that I've been keeping for just such creative slumps.  They are great to have around when I feel like stamping just for fun.  Now my "stash" of cards is back up to a reasonable level.  Okay, okay - enough rambling all ready.  I'll show you a little porject I made last week.  My brother's best friend is getting married at the end of the month and I wanted to make a wedding card and 25 Thank You cards for a gift.  The Thank You cards you have seen before but I tweaked it a little for their wedding card.  I like it.  Simple and clean but nice.
They both use the SAB "Bliss" set.  I used the Tulip Frame embossing folder and sponged the embossed part with Sahara Sand ink (using a finger dauber).  The swirl is in Sahara Sand and the butterfly is in Soft Suede.  The sentiment for the wedding card is from Full of Life - the Thank You is from Short and Sweet.  I added pearls to both cards for that little "extra".

That's it for now - I do have another project to post but dinner is ready (thank you Craig!!) so I'll save that for next time.

Thanks for coming back - have a fun day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment