Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Christmas Stockings

Yep ... I'm in full Christmas mode this week.  I love the 3 month run-up TO Christmas as much (maybe even more) than Christmas itself!!  I've really been enjoying my crafting this week - it's been much more relaxed than usual.  I'm crafting because I WANT to and because I have the time ... not because I have a class or project deadline.  It is sooooo much easier to get those creative juices flowing when you don't have time pressure!  Lately I'm trying to make a concerted effort to USE the sets and supplies I BUY (novel concept, isn't it?!)  Whenever a new catalogue or mini catalogue comes into effect I get a HUGE box of new supplies landing on my doorstep.  I then either FORGET what I have or get into a time crunch and don't spend 10 minutes figuring out how to use the product or what to create with it.  Soooo - I've been digging out new and old stamp sets and making myself play with them (sounds rough, doesn't it?!)

Here is a case in point.  In the upcoming Holiday Mini (effective September 1st) there is a new punch available - the "Stocking Builder Punch".  I debated weather or not to get this punch right away as I don't like "fiddly" things and this punch definately qualified as "fiddly".  I wasn't sure I would use it.  I also eyed up a new stamp set that coordinated with the punch (MAN "they" know how to get me to part with my money over at S.U.!)  The "Stitched Stockings" set was too cute to pass up ... I decided if I had to have one I'd have to have both and if nothing else the Girls would have fun with the punch.  With my new determination to USE what I buy I sat and played with both items.  Yes, it was a little fiddly but it was FUN!  Here is the first one:
For this one I simply stamped the stockings and then punched them out with the new punch.  I popped them up on a piece of Whisper White card stock tht had been put through the Perfect Polka Dots emboss folder (matted with Real Red c.s.) and added some silver brads.  The sentiments is in Concord Crush from the Many Merry Messages set.  Cute!

Well ... I was on a roll so I played with just the punch ... it was definately more fiddly ... and I had lots of littly scraps of paper everywhere but it was fun coming up with different color combinations (and of course I also had to make a few little stockings for the girls' stuffies!)  Here it is:
LOVE this one!!!  I used Concord Crush, Cherry Cobbler and Pear Pizzazz for these little cuties.  The punch punches the stocking and the 3 little pieces for the tuft, toe and heel.  You can see how you end up with lots of little pieces once you're done!  The sentiment is from the Curly Cute set (in Concord Crush).  I glued the pieces to the stocking using my 2-way glue pen.  Cute, no? 

Well .. that's it for today .. BUT I DO have 2 other cards to show off ... you'll just have to keep coming back ;)

Have a fun day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment