Monday, September 26, 2011

Crayon Resist

Happy Monday! 

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE Mondays?  Today has been extra great - I did my massive clean on Friday (before Craig got home) so I didn't have to do my Monday clean today.  I did my usual ... making the beds ... tidying the kitchen .... pilates ... shower / makeup ... and then I got to hit the craft room!  Today is the day I HAVE to finish Alicia's birthday invitations.  I did the template - now I'm just mass producing them.  Tune in tomorrow(ish) to see that little beauty!

In the meantime, here is a card I put together for our Stamp n' Share meeting last Wednesday:
Isn;t it cute?!  The thing I like best about it is that the spider swings *lol* ... doesn't take much to amuse me, does it?  I did a crayon resist technique on this.  You use any of your embossing folders - obviously I use the Spider Web folder for this one.  You place your Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock on the raised side of the folder.  You then take a white crayon and rub it across the paper, pressing firmly.  Remember when we were kids and we use to put a coin under a piece of paper and then rub a pencil over top of it to make the image of the coin appear?  Same principle here.  You rub firmly so the wax of the crayon hits all the bumps from the folder.  You then take the paper off the folder and use your brayer to ink the entire piece of paper.  I used Basic Gray here.  Once the paper is the color you want you take a kleenex, paper towel, cloth or dry baby wipe and burnish the paper (ie rub it) and the spider web patterns will really pop.  For this card I use the Lucky Limeade card stock and the Perfectly Penned Sentiment.  The spider is from Batty for you.  I made little black dots (flies) from the eyes of the owl punch.  I didn't have a think black ribbon for his silk so I grabbed some embroidery thread and taped that on with sticky strip.  The spider is just taped to the thread so he swings when you move the card.  Aren't I clever?  Hee hee - love this little guy.  Yes, you guessed it - we'll be making this card using this technique at our next class ... which is Friday, October 14th.

I'm off to finish Alicia's invitations now.  Shouldn't take more than about 4 hours :)

Have a fun day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment