Saturday, September 10, 2011

Spooky Treats

Hello!  Had you given up hope of seeing a new post anytime soon?  MAN things have managed to speed up FAST around here lately!!  Back-to-school was a little rougher than usual this year with Rebecca and her anxiety but I am beyond THRILLED to say that one week in she is 99% "better".  Yesterday you would never have guessed that a mere 7 days ago she was SO freaked out and anxious about school that even I thought she was going to throw up.  She was an absolute nervous wreck!  Yesterday was just fine.  I don't know exactly what happened to change things around (I know for SURE it wasn't due to the therapist we saw last week!!!).  I suspect it was a combination of the fantastic book I found called "What to do when you worry too much", the fact that a very nice friend she made in Grade 1 came back from Cuba and is in her class or moving her desk beside the teacher's - whatever it was I don't care - I don't dread the morning any more and she is eating breakfast again.  We still have a little work to do on her minimal-lunch eating but I'm fine with where she is right now.  It should only get better :)

Sooo .... that whole nightmare kept me busy (and underslept!).  I have also been spending time delivering orders, cleaning the mess the summer seems to have left behind and looking (and applying) for jobs.  Add to that driving the kids to and from school and wham!  1 1/2 weeks gone!  I haven't had too much time to stamp but I had to make time to prep my monthly Technique Class that was last night.  I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!  Thanks Ladies - and welcome to all my new 10-for-10 Club members - it's going to be a fun 10 months!!!

Usually when my class is over I spend an hour or so making the extra cards / treats that I prepped but last night I was dropping in my tracks.  I had been awake since about 3:00 am Friday morning and went hard all day (of course I was still designing my last project at 4:30 pm .. and the class was due to start at 7:00!)  Craig went out for the evening so the girls were up WAY too late.  Alicia lost her 2nd tooth and at 10:30 pm ... as I was putting them to bed ... Rebecca wanted to write the Tooth Fairy a quick note.  I allowed it ... then I saw what she wrote:  "Dear Tooth Fairy:  What do you do with all the teeth?  Please write back - Rebecca and Alicia".  Great.  11:15 pm and I'm drafing a letter from the Fairy herself ... and digging through every purse and pocket I can think of to scrape together $2.00 (I didn't think she would appreciate 7-11 Big Bucks!)  Needless to say .. by 11:30 I pretty much fell into bed ... damn near smothering the cat!

But I digress ... (you've come to expect that, right?  And that's why you keep coming back, right?  Reading my blog makes you feel better about your own little challenges, right? ... I'm digressing again, aren't I?)

OK, ok - here is the project I came up with at 4:30 yesterday for my class:

Once again I wrapped the Costco Swiss Delice chocolate with the It's a Wrap Holidays stamp (stamped on Avery 1" x 3" labels).  I put them in the Small Cello bags and made a topper from 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" whisper white c.s.  I used the corner rounder and then stamped the sentiments from the Wicked Cool set.  I punched out the boots with the 1 3/4" Circle and the Pumpkin Pie scallop using the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch.  I used snail to attach the topper.

While I like the little package the topper didn't blow my hair back so I tweaked it a little this morning (rather than after my class).  I like these much better:
Everything is the same except the sentiment (still from Wicked Cool) and the Spider (from Batty for You).  I punched the spider with the 1 1/4" circle, the pumpkin pie with the 1 3/8" Circle and then the 1 3/4" Scallop circle in black.  Much better.  These were really quick and easy.  I highly recommend them if you need to make 30 ... or 60 ... for all the kids at school.

That's it for tonight - I'm heading to bed!!!  Have a fun Sunday .... I'm trying yoga class with Rebecca ... wish me luck ... and flexibility! :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment