Saturday, September 24, 2011

Woo Hoo!

Almost all is right in my world again.  Craig is home!  Now, if my parents would kindly just cut their holiday down East short and come back to me everything will be "normal" again!  I don't like when my entire support system leaves me!  I tell ya, though, it sure makes me appreciate them all that much more - especially my husband.  I honestly don't know how single and/or single WORKING moms do it.  I take my hat off to each and every one of them.  It must be sooooo tough to do EVERY day.  I"m so appreciative of all he does to help around here.  Things just run so much smoother when there is help.  I know it was only 7 days but just by adding in that cleaning the litter box, taking out the garbage, doing the bed time routine EVERY night, the homework, the lessons and on an on and it REALLY starts to wear you out!  So thank you to my husband for all he does - and single moms ... well, you are my heroes!

Now - since I knew Craig would be back today and my next birthday party was pushed back 2 weeks I treated myself out to a morning of stamping.  It's so nice to be able to GO to these functions, hang with friends, eat food that is DEFINATELY not on my healthy eating plan and best of all, have someone ELSE do all the planning, purchasing, cutting, packaging, setting up and taking down!  Thanks Tamye for a fun morning out - I needed the break!  I'll post picks another day - for today I'll show you a few more of the swaps from last weekends Regionals:

This one is from Gail Lowe.  It is so over-the-top-amazing in SO many ways I can't believe she made 50 of them to GIVE AWAY!  The time and expense on this card is incredible.  It's simply beautiful :)

She used the doily background stamp in gold embossding (that alone costs a lot!)  She also embossed the envelope (larger than standard) AND the inside sheet:
The black card stock is layered on the GOLD cardstock ($$) - she made the flower using our new ScorePal (LOVE that tool!!!) and then used an antique brad in the centre (again ... $$$).  THEN she used Shmooch Smritz on it.  Just stunning.  Wow - I hang my head in shame when I compare this to my swap!

What's that you say?  What was my swap?  Well I"m glad you asked :)  I was rather proud of this one (until I saw Gail's!!)
Isn't it CUTE??!!  I think this one has to make it into the Stamp-a-stacl :)  IT just makes me happy!  I made the candy canes using the new Big Shot die in the mini catalogue (Stocking Accents) - I colored them with Real Red, glittered the white parts then popped them up with dimensionals.  The sentiments is from Word Play.  The green is Garden Green.  Cute, yes?

More you say? OK. Here's a great one from Melanie Chartier:
The sentiments is from the Hostess Set in the mini - Warmest of Wishes (go figure!)  The stockings are made with the stocking set and coordinating punch (LOVE this punch!!).  The rest is pretty straight forward ...

Here is one of the Make and Takes we made:

Here is the second one we made:
 Both use the "You are Loved" set again from the mini.  It's more than just a Valentine set, as you can see.

Well - that's it for today.  Gunna go see what the girls are up to.  Have a fun day :)


Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment