Saturday, November 26, 2011

Another Merry Winter Gift Card Holder ...

Well HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!  Phew - I made it!  It was really touch and go there for a while as to whether or not I was going to run away from home or dig deep and make it to the finish line.  I went with the latter ... but really only because running away from home took more energy than I could muster!  The last 7 days has been a blur of cold, flus, sleepless nights, whining, crying and generally yuckiness.  It all came to a head yesterday morning when I had a rather ugly incident with the business who was SUPPOSED TO cut all my card stock for my DanceCo. fundraiser tomorrow morning.  Suffice it to say that everything turned out ok in the end and although my husband had a flu relapse and the kids ended up staying awake WAAAAAAY too late all is right in my world again.  Heck - I got up at 7:45 and by 8:00 am I was standing outside Shoppers Drug Mart and succeeded in scooping up the last 2 pink DSi games they had on sale.  Score!  Right now I SHOULD be prepping from the fundraiser tomorrow but thought I would take 20 minutes and share my other gift card holder project with you.

I have done (and shared) this layout before.  I had to do it again, though because it is just so dang quick an easy!!!  Check it out:


 
 Once again I used the Merry Winter Stamp set.  The Belly Band is made using Cherry Cobbler cs and the snowman is punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch then layered with and espresso scalloped circle and then the larger scalloped circle in Crumb cake.  How do you make the actual card holder?  Easy!

Step 1:  Score Whisper White card stock at 3”, 5 ½” and 8” (LOVE using the new Simply Scored tool for making 20 of this project!):

Step 2:  Turn sheet over and apply sticky strip (or snail) as shown, making sure to place the adhesive as              close to the edges as possible.  If too much space is left there will not be enough room for your  gift card to slide in. 

                Step 3:  Tape together and use Word Window punch to punch out a slot on the seam.  
                Continue punching along the seam until the opening is wide enough for your gift card to fit. 


Step 4:  Use your ¾” circle punch to punch out a semi-circle in the middle and decorate as desired:

Easy!  Here is the Santa gift card holder I made a few years ago - same instruction, different decoration on the front:
So there you have it.  RIght - my time is up ... I need to go get this day started (plus the kids are starting to bicker so time for me to leave!  Yep ... everything seems to be back to normal ... sigh ....)

Have a fun day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment