Sunday, November 13, 2011

Field Flowers

It's official.  I have a new favorite stamp set ... again :)  Yes, I seem to change my mind more often than I change my socks when it comes to stamp sets but I'm a woman - it's my perogative!  I designed this one a few weeks ago ... I thought I posted it already - guess I was wrong!  ... and I say I designed it .... but really I essentially stole it from the fabulous Tamye Dunbar ... again.  Tamye does well what I don't ... quick, simple, easy, clean cards using minimal supplies and/or stamp sets.  I don't have a picture of hers handy but mine is just kicked up a slight notch from hers - I love it ...
I used Very Vanilla and Early Espresso cs - the flowers and sentiment are stamped in Soft Suede and then the Decorative Label punched sentiment (from "Blessings from Heaven") are finger daubed (??!!) with Early Espresso ink.  The sentiment is popped up with dimensionals and a pearl adds that little touch.  Clean, simple, elegant!  It can be used for most occasions - birthday, sympathy, thank you, thinking of you, just a note, ... the signe of a GREAT card!  Yes, we made this on Friday at my technique class.  Lots of fun!

Here is another card we made Friday night using the dryer sheet technique:
I've use this layout before ... in fact it was one of my Stamp-a-stack cards last month but the orientation was landscape ...
I used whisper white and Night of Navy c.s. and ink and the denim ribbon (LOVE it!!).  The sentiment is from Hand Penned Holidays.  I stamped the tree image in Night of Navy (Lovely as a Tree) on the white card stock.  I then stamped the image on the clear Stamp-a-ma-jig image sheet to get a reflection effect.  Then I covered the entire piece with the Anywhere Glue Stick, covered it with a used dryer sheet and firmly pressed the sheet down (yes messy, but necessary!)  Then I trimmed the excess sheet, taped it to the blue card stock and headed for the glitter.  (Yes, Craig was away for the night ... that's the only way I got managed to pull off this card for a class ... I'm pretty sure this card violates his "Glitter Rules" in 96 different ways! *lol*).  I covered the piece with glitter and then rubbed it into the dryer sheet.  Again, messy but kinda fun!  Tap off any excess glitter and Wa-low!  Sparkly!!!!

We also made a cute gift card holder using old envelopes ... but that will have to wait for tomorrow.  My butt has gone numb from all the computer work I had to do today and I need to get up and waddle around until I get some sort of sensation back down there!  Seriously!  So ... on that note (and not-so-great-image) I'll sign off - hee hee.  I hope you had a crafty weekend ... OH ... that reminds me ... I HAVE to post a picture of the craft the girls and I got up to Saturday while Craig was still away.  Sooooo much fun!!!!!
Isn't it FABULOUS??!!??!!  I bought the kit from the "M" store ... I saw it and fell in love with it - had to have it :)

Have a fun week :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment