Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine Treats

Happy Wednesday!!

Stayin' warm?  I am.  I've been hibernating since Friday ... bears have nuthin' on me!  Heck, today I saw a number of posts on FB about it being -30 something and with the wind -47 or so.  Who knew?  I missed the news this morning and thought it was supposed to be a little warmed today so off I went to drive the girls to school - no hat, no mitts (me, not the kids) and really didn't find it THAT cold.  Then again, I always say "cold is cold".  It doesn't really matter if it is -22 or -42 it's flippin' cold!

I've had Rebecca home yesterday and today with a really bad cold.  While she vegitated in bed or on the couch I was craftin - oh yeah - craftin' big time.  I had a BALL last night with my new friends Lucie and Helen (and Sheila too!).  What a great, relaxing night of stamping.  This morning I finished off the extra templates I cut so I could top up my stash.  Weeeeeee!  (Of course I SHOULD have been prepping the card for my Appreciation night on Friday but hey ... that's still 2 days away!)  I also managed to finish off my little Valentine Treats.  Yes, these are the little treats my club members will be receiving in their bags this month (so look away now girls if you want it to be a surprise!).  I don't usually have the "problem" of posting pictures of them before my clubbers receive them because I'm usually still making them the day their orders arrive!  I'm ahead of the game this month,

As usual, I started off with easy and simple but ended up a little more ramped up.  I saw this great little 3x3 card idea on Dawn Griffith's web site (www.dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com)
Quick and easy, right?  She used the new little Adorning Accents embossing folders in the mini and punced the hearts out with the heart punch and the stamp from PS I love you.  I figured I would make these into little candy pouches for my girls.  Naturally I had to add "things" to mine ...
Hee hee ... I just added a FEW more steps *lol*  Here is a pic of the inside:
I started with a 3 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of WW card stock.  Scored it (with the Simply Scored tool OF COURSE!) at 3 1/2 and 7 1/2".  I ran it through the Big Shot with the embossing folder.  Then I folded on the score lines and stapled it like so:
I just lined my stampler up with the bottom of the front flap.  Of course the front flap tucks in under the stapled part to hold the treat closed like in picture #1 above.  The gummies just sit in the little lip that I just stapled down.  Does that make sense?  Pretty straight forward but hard to explain.  I made the heart from our glimmer paper using the new Hearts Framelits (LOVE THEM!!!).  You COULD use your heart punches but I really don't recommend using the punches on this paper.  It really does destroy your punch.  Use the framelits.  I punched the Baja Breeze heart out with my small heart punch and used a glue dot to attach.  The silver heart is attached with a dimensional.  I just used snail to attach the Baja ribbon that hides the staple.  Don'y you love them?  I do.  I'm sure my club ladies will too.

Right.  Tune in again for my baby card project.  I want to wait a day or two to make sure my friend receives it in the mail before she sees it here (yes, Joan, I'm talkin' about you!  Joan is the proud Grandmamma of her first beautiful grandbaby, Elliot).  Stay warm ... and have an inspire night :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment