Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Elementary Elegance Birthday

Well hello there??!!  Were you worried that the puppy had licked me to death and I would never return?  Not quite ... but I am close to collapse from exhaustion!  I had forgotten the joys of broken sleep!  I have been crazy busy between taking care of Koda (when he is awake I HAVE to focus 100% of my attention on him or he gets into ALL KINDS of trouble ... like chewing furniture!) and LOTS of Sale-a-brations workshops (LOTS of fun, Ladies) and designing projects for my upcoming classes.  I have a class tonight - as of 9:30 am I had officially designed the projects *lol* - nothing like doing things ahead of time!!  I'll show you my technique card tomorrow - the picture didn't turn out very well and if I hurry I can still get in my workout, my shower, make dinner and tidy my craft room in the next 2 hours!  Right - on with the project!

I struggled for a LONG time with this very simple card.  That's what happens when you can barely see straight at 10:00 pm and are trying to be creative!  I thought I would have to tweak it this morning but when I did I preferred this version:
Once AGAIN I used Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso (this set just screams Espresso!).  The DSP is from
Mocha Morning (LOVE that paper!!!)  The "frame" is stamped with Vanilla Craft Ink and the Happy Birthday is in Cobbler.  It is punched out with the label punch and popped up with dimensionals.  I added a mini library clip for a little extra "something".  I'm not sure if I love this card or not.  I think if I saw it on-line I would like it ... I'm just not used to clean and simple!

Right.  Off to the basement to work out.  Have a happy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment