Monday, March 19, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Happy Monday Everyone!  ... Or should I say Happy MEday?!  You all know how much I love Mondays - kids are at school, Craig is at work ... hopefully the dog is sleeping ... it's ALL good!  Since I cleaned my house Saturday today has been a big ol' bunch o' nuthin!  By noon all I had accomplished was making the bed and excercising.  I have now managed to eat lunch and drink a second cup of coffee *lol* .  Yep.  I love Mondays :)

I had a GREAT weekend (although it was exhausting!)  I had a REALLY fun party Friday night (hi Gals!) - it truly was more fun than work (another reason I completely love my "job"!)  Sunday morning I had a fundraiser with some young dancers - a good time was had by all!  I still have a mountain of paperwork to sort through but I LOVE paperwork (likely a huge part of the attraction to papercrafting!).  Just a quick post then I'm off to pick up my Little Ladies and prep dinner - heck I think I'll even make a dessert tonight - Woo Hoo!  (Did I mention I love Mondays??!)

Right - down to business.  Today cards are not my favorites.  They were the rejects for the party Friday night.  They're OKAY but they don't blow my hair back so they were rejected.  (nice build up, eh?)
I used the tulip folder for the ouline along with Baja Breeze and Cherry Cobbler c.s. and ink.  The sentiment is from Elementary Elegance (SAB item) and is punched out and popped up with dimensionals.  Nope.  Not my fav.  Do you recognize the layout?  It's the same as my Christmas Card using the Sounding Joy set ...
LOVE this card!  Funny how the layout can be identical but the colors just don't work ..
The next reject:
Again - the layout is identical to the Aviary card I posted but this time I used the Kindness Matters stamp set.  Nope - don't hate it but don't love it.
Want another so-so card?  OK.  Here's one for Father's Day that I rejected:
It uses the Packed for Dad stamp at the back of the mini.  I used the gold paper and Espresso ink and c.s.  I ran the cs though my Stripes emboss folder for texture and colored the image with the Soft Sued marker and added a glitter brad - oh and used espresso twine.  Nope.  Rejected.

Well that seems to be quite a depressing post.  Hmph.  I can't have that.  I'm going to have to go get another card that I LIKE and do another post!  I'll get right on that!

Have a happy afternoon - maybe you'll see me again tonight ...

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment