Wednesday, March 21, 2012

THE CUTEST EASTER CARD EVER!!!!

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think I'm hyperventilating!!!  I have just made my all-time-favorite-Easter-card-in-the-history-of-Easter-cards-EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't STAND how much I LOVE THIS CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I "popped" into Costco last night (as you do) and for some reason was drawn to the Easter Treats.  I told myself I wasn't going to BUY any Easter treats this year as I still have about a billion eggs left over from the Costco bag I bought last year.  HOWEVER ... there I was ... toddling down the cheese aisle when I spotted them ... the little itty bitty Lindt Chocolate bunnies.  They were so freaking cute I HAD to stop and consider buying them ... after all, the chocolate makers went to all the trouble of MAKING them ... I felt I owed them the courtesy of at least LOOKING at them.  Hmmm ... $13+ ... it looked like there were at least 20 in the box ... hmmm ... I would need at least 20 for my Club Girl Gifts .... hmmm ... I seem to always BUY little treats PLANNING to make little Club Girl gifts with them and they are now starting to take over my craft room (still unmade).  Oh well - what the heck ... if I buy them and don't make anything with them I can always EAT them and then they won't take up any space!  (is it a little freightening the way my mind works?  Are you scared?  Just a little?  Me too.)

So ... fast forward to 2:15 this afternoon.  I don't have to leave to get the girls for 30 minutes.  House is tidy.  Dishes are done.  Dinner is cooking away.  What to do.  I could a) take a nap b) play with the dog c) do some paperwork d) craft.  Well ... a) was out - no point in napping for any less than 40 minutes, right?  Plus I had a coffee about an hour ago so that wouldn't work.  b) was out ... he was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him c) was out simply because i) I didn't want to and ii) there was more than 30 minutes worth so what's the point in starting .... so d) won.  Now as you know I have a REALLY hard time creating a perfect masterpiece in anything less than an hour however I MUST say I am amazing and I managed to pull it off.  (yes ... this is a long, rambling build up, isn't it?  You wouldn't expect anything less from me, would you?)  So I grabbed my box of little bunnies (there are 30 of them, by the way!) and down I went.  I have never had a project come together any easier!  It only took 30 minuts (rather than 5) because I tried about 5 different color combinations before I struck on perfection.  (Heck - you better think this project is darned good GIVEN this build up, eh?)  OK ... so without further adeau (is that how you spell adeau?  Not to self:  ask Dad how to spell adeau ...) ... the perfect card:


WELL????  DO YOU LOVE IT????  OK - I gotta say - the picture just doesn't do it justice.  But STILL!  Don't you just love it?????

How did I make such a fabulous card, I hear you cry?  Well - Whisper White Card stock for the base.  I then took my 2 1/2" circle punch and punched a hole in it.  Then I took a strip of So Saffron 5 1/4" x 2", taped it down and punched the hole out of that.  Then I took  a strip of Mocha Morning DSP 5" x 1 3/4", taped IT down and punched a hole in it.  I punched a circle in So Saffron and saped it through the hole.  Then I took the Mixed Bunch flower and punched an Espresso flower with it.  I folded the petals up and taped it down.  I then attached one of our retired jumbo white brads (why oh WHY did they retire these brads???).  I stamped the sentiment in espresso (from the Just Believe set) and the sentiment inside4 (from teh Delightful Dozen set).  I used snail to attach the chocolate.

So there you have it.  The recipe for the perfect card.  Now off you go to Costco to stock up on little chocolate bunnies.  Off you go :)

Have a chocolate filled day!  *lol* thanks for putting up with my twisted sense of humour!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. Oh ... I suppose it can't actually be the perfect card since it won't fit in an envelope ... other than THAT, though ....

    ReplyDelete