Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fabulous Flowers

Heidi Ho and Happy Wednesday!!

Wow - Wednesday already.  Time is flying by this week!  I only have 15 minutes so I'll get right down to business ...

I had my Technique Classes last Friday and Last night.  The technique this month was Framelit Embossing.  Remember this little Thank You card I made? :
I loved this technique and attempted to make a full sized card using it.  Bottom line - it was an epic fail.  I TRIED to like this card but I don't.  I can't figure out what is "wrong" with it - it just lacks "something".  Here it is in all its un'glory (yes, I'm now making up words!)
I dunno.  I just don't like it.  It is 4 1/2 x 5 1/2" - so it's a weird size ... maybe it was just too big, I thought.  So I tried again with a standard sized card:
Hmm - it's a little better but I still don't like it.  In the end I had to just take my little 4x4 Thank You card from above and mount it on poppy parade card stock.  I like it much better than these 2 cards ... I'll have to play with this technique again another day ... just to prove to myself that I can make a great card with it!

Now ... onto a project that I really LIKE!  This is another card we made in class.  I can't take credit for it - I've seen variations of it all over the place.  I tweaked mine a little and came up with this:
Fun!  I used the "mom" from "Loved Ones" that is in the current mini catalogue.  I used Tempting Turquoise, REal Red and Wild Wasabi markers to ink the stamp.  The flowers are Perfect Plum and Pink Pirouette, REal Red and Pretty in Pink and Tempting Turquoise and Bashful Blue - of course the buttons are coordinating from the subtles and/or brights buttons.  The Wasabi leaves are made from the Bird Punch (the wind of the bird).  I used dimensionals, glue dots and a 2-way glue stick to put it all together.  It was a little fiddlier than I usually like but it was fun and relaxing to put together - oh - the circle punches were the 1 3/8", 1 1/4" and 1".

Right - I'm off to "Demonstration of Learning" for the girls.  They get SO excited for this twice a year event ... they couldn't sleep last night! *lol*

Have a fun day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment