Thursday, March 1, 2012

First Birthday Fun

Happy Thursday!

It's all systems "go" around here today.  The girls are off school for Teacher's Convention so we have their best buds over for playdates ... then McDonald's ... then bowling ... then back for more playdating ... just call me crazy!!!  On the up side two of them are playing Polly Pockets, the other two are chasing the dog around the house (that means he'll be tired out when we desert him for 3 hours to go bowling!) and the cat is hiding *lol*.  Me?  I just finished a second cup of coffee and am feeling queezy since I put my progressive glasses back on.  I switched back to my "old" glasses when Koda decided to use my new ones for a chew toy.  I'm not used to them yet so feeling a little woozy!  (It's amazing how quickly your eyes un-adjust to them!  I actually prefer the progressives now - I got used to being able to stamp in them ... and read in them!)

Right - on to the business at hand - cards!  I had a commission to design some cards for my friend who is a Doula.  She gives out birthday cards when "her" babies turn 1.  Here is what I came up with:

I really like how they turned out.  I cut the "1" out with my Big Shot and the numbers die.  I used the 1 1/4" circle punch for the Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink and Marina Mist circles and then the 1" circle punch for the whisper white circles with the cupcake stamped in them.  The cupcakes are from the ABC Images retired set.  I'm keeping that set forever - I LOVE it!.  I popped the Pink and Mist circles up on dimensionals and glittered the cupcake icing.  I tied bows with Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin Ribbon and attached them with mini glue dots.  Cute!

That's it for now - 2 of the kids have gone outside with the dog ... I better go monitor the situation!  Have a fun day ... I plan to!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment