Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You're So Sweet!

Happy Tuesday?

I dunno - it's only day 2 of Sprink Break around here and I'm ready to run screaming for the hills!  In my attempt to keep the kids from fighting and/or me from locking them in a closet I scheduled our days to have lots of fun.  I think it backfired on me.  Today was FUN but it darn near killed me *lol*!  I desperately needed some quiet crafting time - a half hour was really all I wanted ... and all I got .. but it was enough to snap me out of my twitchy, glassy-eyed stare (and don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about!  All us mom's reach that point SOME TIME during holidays!)

I had a plan for the card I wanted to create - I want to do a card using the new Diagonal Score Plate for Technique Class this month.  The perfect stamp set to go with that plate is the "Mouthwatering" set along with the "Sweet Cake" set sentiment.  I grabbed another Mojo Monday sketch and half an hour later here is what I had:
Do I have you convinced to check out the Mojo Monday sketches yet?  SERIOUSLY!  It shaves about an hour off every card I make - they give you a layout sketch and you just plunk in your card stock and stamp set.  You REALLY should check it out and see what you come up with!

Recipe:  I used Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink card stock, ink and/or ribbon (5/8" satin).  You can sort of see that the crumb cake piece is scored diagonally to match the ice cream cone.  I stamped the ice cream image in Chocolate Chip then again in Pretty in Pink and cut it out with my paper snips.  Oh!  I meant to emboss it with Cherry Emboss Powder ... (oops .. note to self for class) ... I used my tiny circle punch to punch the cherry out of glimmer paper.  The sentiment is punched out with the large oval and matted with the scallop oval punch.  I used my fabulous bow maker to make the perfect bow.  Wa-low!  Half hour later and I'm all recharged and ready to go into battle ... I mean ... play with the kids again :)

Hope your spring break is less chaotic than mine!  Have a fun week!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment