Thursday, June 28, 2012

Teacher Cards

HAPPY THURSDAY ... and FIRST DAY OF SUMMER BREAK!!!!

Yes ... in THEORY I'm thrilled ... no more lunches!  ... in reality I'm dreading it!  Well - I'm not dreading the WHOLE summer ... just the first week or two.  Those without kids don't know what I'm talking about ... or those with older kids may FORGET what I'm talking about but this with kids 6 and 9 know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  The first week or two of summer are BRUTAL!  Every year it's the same - the girls fight, bicker and whine from morning to night.  Anyone who knows me know I have patience for that kind of nonsence for approximately 10 seconds and then I snap.  Yep - so far this summer is right on track.  The girls weren't home for 2 hours before Alicia was throwing a tantrum and had a time out!  Everything calmed down after about half an hour and the rest of the day was saved but MAN it has me more than a little scared for what is to come!  *lol*

Right - on a happy note, I managed to get all the teacher cards and gifts done and delivered on time.  Here is what I gave to the two "main" teachers this year.  I cased it from another demonstrator but I can't for the life of me find the originator .. I HATE that!!  I printed off a card that inspired me and then tweaked it a little ... but I stamped over the printed sheet and can't read the watermark of the creator so I apologize.  I like to give credit where credit is due but I can't this time :(  I believe the originator was Natasha Hein.  I LOVE how my version turned out.  It was SO quick and easy!!  Lookie:
Isn't it adorable???  Almost everything I used is retired, though *lol*  It's just Whisper White with Basic Black and Crumb Cake.  I used my RETIRED corner rounder in the corners.  I wrote the teacher's name with my gel pen with my left hand so it looked like a child wrote it.  I used the "Family Phrases" Thank You in white craft ink.  I stamped the apple from the retired Tart & Tangy and cut it out.  I then punched a leaf using the (current) bird punch out of Gumball Green card stock.  I made piece of chalk with a scrap piece of whisper white and again used the corner rounder to make the point.  I popped up the ledge with dimensionals.  Cute!!!!!!  I made 8 of these so that next year I won't have the same last-minute rush!

Here is the card I made for their music teacher, Mrs. Mason.  This time I CAN give credit to the originator - Carolyn King.  I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE her original card:
Isn;t it FABULOUS??!!

Here is my super quick version:
I stamped the square using my clear block in Crumb Cake ink.  I then wheel the music notes wheel in Soft Suede and the Note Of Thanks (retired Thank You Kindly set) in Early Espresso.  I used the retired Soft Sued 1 1/4" ribbon to finish it off (oh and the card stock I matted the Very Vanilla on is Soft Suede).  It was SO quick and easy.  I will be making a bunch of these for my "stash".

OK - it's very late for the girls to be up and they won't go to bed without a snuggle from Mom so I'm off.  Enjoy the first few days of summer ... if you can *lol*

Have a stampy night!


Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment