Sunday, July 15, 2012

Welcome Hannah!

Hiya!  Me again - wow - 2 posts in 1 night!  Well ... I know I won't be posting again before I head to Utah and I really wanted to share my next 2 projects with you so ... here goes ...

I moved to Edmonton when I was 10 years old ... and in Grade 5.  The first friend I made sat next to me and lived just around the corner.  Her name was Wendy.  Wendy and I were the best of friends for many years.  We played HUNDREDS of games of Monopoly over the years (I think she was ahead about 52 games to 46 or so ...) and played HUNDREDS of rounds of Ms. Pacman on the way to the outdoor swimming pool in the summer.  We had a great friendship.  But, as often happens, we drifted apart over the years and lost touch.  4 years ago we found each other again.  I'm so blessed to have her back in my life.  We don't get together often but when we do it's like coming home.  It's so EASY to be together.  We know everything about each other - our past, our parents, our "issues", our heartaches ... we know it all and understand it all.

Last week Wendy phoned me with some wonderful news.  Her and her family FINALLY got to adopt a beautiful 13 month old little girl - Hannah.  After nearly 3 years of paperwork, hoops, hassles and heartache they finally got their little girl.  I just HAD to make her a special card and a pack of "Thank You"s for her to give out for gifts people give the family.  Here is what I made:
Nothing is quicker and easier than using the Note Cards and envelopes on page 160.  You get (40) 5 1/8" x 3 5"8 scored notecards and envelopes for only $7.50!  They are perfect for occasions like this.  I used my new Delicate Designs emboss folder along the bottom and then stamped the Flowering Flourishes image that I had inked using the Old Olive and Raspberry Ripple markers.  A little time consuming but I love how they turned out.  I used the Curly Cute sentiment in Raspberry and a strip of ... oh!  would you look at that!  I used Cherry Cobbler cs instead of Raspberry!  Oops!  Oh well - looks great anyway!

Here is was I made for a card for them:
I used a retired set for this one - it's one of the very first sets I ever got "A New Little Someone".  Since Hannah is 13 months old I didn't want a really babyish baby card - this one was perfect!  I used my polka dot folder (with an oval frame in the middle so the polka dots don't emboss there ... that's a whole other post ... I don't have the energy for that tonight!).  I used the retired Blushing Bride marker and ribbon  Rich Razzleberry ink for the bunny - the sentiment from Word Play and then I painted the bunny with the retired Smooch Pearlized top coat (WHY do I only ever try some products AFTER they retire?!  This stuff is great!)  You can't see the shimmer on the bunny - he just looks dirty here - but he is shimmery.  So cute!  I can't wait to take them over tomorrow.  Hannah is a lucky girl.  Congratulations to my very dear friend, Wendy and her family - Mark, Joshua, Davey and Sara. 

OK - my fingers are cramping from all the typing so I'll sign off.  I'll have LOTS to share when I get back from convention!!  Until then - have a stampy summer!!!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment