Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Snowflake Soiree

Well Happy Tuesday!

Another beautiful day ahead in Edmonton.  The girls and I will be heading to the outdoor swimming pool ... right after I take my first call from my Business Developement Advisor, Ashley.  I'm SOOOOO excited!!  I was accepted into the Stampin' Up! Business Development Program which I just KNOW is going to blast my business into outserspace and help me focus on what I need to focus on to help me earn that incentive trip this year.  I SO want to take my husband on the Western Caribbean Cruise for his 50th birthday - Ashley is going to help me do that!!!

I have a few more things to do before she calls so I better get on with it!

First up I have a few pictures of my Northern Flurry embossing folder that I cut in order to get the snowflakes "just so" on my Easy Events For the Birds card posted yesterday.  Here is the card again ...
Here is what I did to my folder ...
And ...
You can see I was fairly fearless *lol*.  I left the large snowflake attached at the crease so I can still use it in its original form if I choose to ... but to be honest I don't think I've ever used it that way!  ... maybe on one card a few years ago ... but I'm quite sure I'll use it a lot this way!  Don't be afraid to cut these up!  They only cost $9.95 ... you can buy more that you DON'T cut!

OK.  Now onto another one of my Christmas cards ... I played and played and played with the Snowflake Soiree set trying to get a quick card that still provided a "wow" factor.  Again, I kept thinking of the two Marys (Mary Fish and Mary Brown) who are masters at "keeping it simple".  I eventually got the effect I was looking for:
Oooooo - sparkly!  Again, in my repeating theme this year I stuck pretty close to just plain white on white layers - it really does give an elegant effect!  I used a lyaer of Espresso cs and stamped the images in Espresso.  The sentiment is from More Merry Messages (page 15 of the IBC) but this sentiments is VERY similar in size and font to that in the Greetings of the Season in the holiday mini.  Either works great!  I added a stip of the new Champagne Glimmer Paper (page 18 of the mini) and punched out a little scallop circle from that strip (which is hidden so you don't see the whole ... saves card stock that way ... sneeky, yes?) using the scallop from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack ($22.95 - page 183 of the IBC).  I love it!

That's all for now ... Koda needs his walk.  I still have 2 more cards to show off so pop back again tomorrow :) 

Have a stampy day!

Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment