Saturday, September 8, 2012

Watercolor Crayon Fun!

Happy Saturday

Hope you're having a great day enjoying this AMAZING weather!!  I just LOVE warm fall days ... fall is by FAR my favorite season!!

I find myself wandering around aimlessly today ... I'm REALLY tired after too many nights with very little sleep. 
Yesterday I think I was awake 21 hours straight.  Needless to say I'm a bit of a waste of makeup today so I better keep the rambling to a minimum ... long sentences are not my forte today *lol*

Soooo ... last night was my Technique Class.  HURRAY!  I've SO missed have "my girls" over the last few months for stamping and laughs.  We also had some new faces which added to a great night.  Today's post is one of the cards we made in class.  I had a request to do something with the watercolor crayons for our technique.  UGH!  Of course I OWN all of them ... but I think I had only used them once ... I had determined that watercoloring wasn't for me.  It's a great look and I can see how people could really get "lost" in the relaxing art form but I"m anything but a relaxed personality and don't generally have the patience to play around when I stamp ... so the crayons have sat ... and sat ... and sat.  I was determined to come up with a project I liked.  After about 20 minutes I was cursing quite a bit and contemplating switching techniques.  I gave it one more crack ... headed to the computer for some R&D and inspiration then back down to the craft room to "play".  It took me about half an hour before I hit on something I liked.  As often happens, it started as what I thought was a mistake.  I didn't thrown my paper away, though (watercolor paper isn't cheap ya know!) and stamped a second image on the paper ... hey ... that didn't look too bad ... I tried a third image and Wa-low!  I had a great card take shape.  3 minutes later I was smiling and liking my watercolor crayons ... I just may take them out more often now *lol*.  Here is the card:
There are quite a few different techniques you can use with the crayons.  For this card I color directly on the stamp with them.  The top leaf (fro Gently Falling) was done in More Mustard and then Always Artichoke along the right edges of the leaf.  The second one is Old Olive and Always Artichoke and the third is Cajun Craze and Bravo Burgundy.  Once you color the stamp you hold it arm's length away from you and spritz it 2 or 3 times with a fine water mist.  I found the wetter the better ... it took a little longer to dry but I really like the effect it gave.  The sentiment is from Pursuit of Happiness and is in Early Espresso.  I added some buttons and I was done!  I encourage you to take out your toys and play around with them like I did ... yes I ended up with a sheet of stamped images that will end up in the garbage but in the end I found a few ways to use my crayons ... a few ways NOT to use my crayons and I really did enjoy the process (once I calmed down, took a few deep breaths and tried not to rush the creative process!)

So much for a short post *lol* ... you know I struggle with that ;)

Enjoy the weekend ... and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment