Friday, October 12, 2012

Watercolor Winter and Autumn Accents

Happy Friday!!

Question:  How do you know when Tamara is fairly relaxed?
Answer:  She posts more projects!!

Yep - Since I managed to chip away at a lot of those niggling little "things-to-do" this week I'm able to head to my craft room more often ... and stamp without crushing pressure!  A MUCH better way to roll :)) ... mind you the project I have to show today aren't my own.  They are both "cased" - C.A.S.E. - Copy And Share Evereything.  With Stampin' Up! we are all about "borrowing" others' ideas.  There really is no need to re-invent the wheel - a fabulous card is a fabulous card and as long as we all give credit where credit is due it is a huge compliment to have your creations cased. 

I spend about half an hour every morning scrolling through Pinterest as I enjoy my quiet cup of coffee (before the kids wake up and all hell breaks loose in the rush to get out the door for school).  These two cards were on my "must-make" list.  They are clean, simple and just plain great. 

First up is a card created by Lee Conrey (www.stampingleeyours.blogspot.com).  Here is her original card:

Stampingleeyours: Autumn Accents

Isn't it great?  I was about to case it exactly as she had it but I ended up making it one step simpler as I'm using it for a class on Saturday night.  I simply excluded the button and twine.  Here is my version:
Almost identical.  I ran the vanilla card stock through the woodgrain folder.  I used the new Autumn Accents Bigz die (page 33 of the holiday mini - $26.95) with Cajun Craze and More Mustard for the leaves and ran them through the folder as well.  The acorn is Crumb Cake and the top is a little piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper, also run through the Accents die.  The banner sentiment is from Curly Cute (page 138 of the main catty - $17.95 clear; $24.95 wood ... have you BOUGHT this sentiment set yet??  If not WHY NOT?  Have I not convinced you of it's greatness yet??  I used it ALL the time!) ... but I digress ... I used Espresso ink for the sentiment and I used it to sponge the wood grain "bumps" as well as the edges of the banner.  Great card!

Next up is a very simple card designed by Becky Jensen (www.stampthat.com).  I used different ribbon .. and I didn't use the two-step stamping technique on it but the rest is the same.  Here is Becky's card:
Stampin' Up! Watercolor Winter & More Merry Messages
... and here is my version:
Sigh ... yep this camera is dying a slow, painful death ... now the focus is going.  Hurry up Christmas!!!

The sentiment (Greetings of the Season - page 8 of the mini - $14.95 clear; $19.95 wood ... another must have!) is embossed in gold - the image is from Watercolor Winter (yep ... ANOTHER must have!! - page 14 of the mini - $22.95 clear; $31.95 wood) is stamped in Black Staz-On then colored with Artichoke and Cobbler markers and blemder pen.  You can't see it here but I also added a dash of pizzazz along each leaf with the noew Dazzle MArker (gold) - on the vanilla card stock it actually looks green-ish.  I used Always Artichoke seam binding ... although Alicia said she preferred it with Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (I use her as my main "opinionator" - she VERY quickly decides "which looks best" and she's usually right!)

That's it for now ... back to the craft room for some more fun!  Happy Friday to All ... have a stampy weekend!


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment