Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Collage Curios Soda Pop Top

Happy Tuesday!!!

I can't ramble on too long today ... I SHOULD be packing!  We leave in 12 hours ... and I don't have anything in a suitcase yet *lol*  Sound familiar??  That's just the way I roll when it comes to packing.  I HATE packing and ALWAYS leave it until the last minute.  I remember when I was heading to Mexico with my BFF many moons ago starting my LAUNDRY for the trip at 2:00 am ... *lol*  I remember REALLY regretting that around 3:00 am *lol*.  I suppose I should start right after this post ... although I still WANT to schedule 4 or 5 projects for while I'm away ... that just may not happen .. but they are GREAT projects ... we'll see ... maybe after I pack :)))

So I for SURE wanted to post THIS project before I go ... it uses some of the new toys from the Srping mini.  I can't take much credit for the card itself ... I cased it from Miechelle Weber, fellow demonstrator.  She has a website:  www.stampinu.wordpress.com  Check out her original card there.

I loved how she used the Collage Curios set (page 24 of the mini - $19.95 clear - $25.95 wood) with the honeycomb embossing folder - brilliant!  I cased her card for my Appreciation Night Make & Take card.  Naturally I forgot to take a picture of it (and am too lazy to go to the basement to do so!) but here is the version I REALLY wanted to show you:
LOVE it!!  (The card we made for the Make and Take used one of the Jumbo Pearls in place of the Soda Pop top and the sentiment was punched out with the Decorative Label punch).  Don't you love this?  The Very Vanilla was run through the honeycomb folder.  I then stamped the wreaths in Old Olive and punched them out with the 1" circle punch.  Next - I stamped the little bumbly bees in Early Espresso and punched them out with the 1/2" circle punch.  I popped the bumblies (hee hee) up with a dimensional.  NOW!  For those Soda Pop Tops.  You can't really tell from THIS picture, but the Soda Pop Top has been squished so it is half the depth of it's original state.  Check this out:

This is a trick I learned a few years ago from fellow demonstrator Trish Miles.  All you have to do is run the piece through the big shot.  Close all the tabs on the platform and run it through:
Ta da!  I then punched out another wreath/bumbly bee combo and attached it with some snail.  Give this a try - it's somewhat satisfying to squish things!

Right - I'm off to the hell that is packing for me and two small people ... who have hauled every skirt and T-shirt they own into my bedroom.  Ugh.  Wish me luck!  If I get a chance I will schedule more projects to post while I'm away ... if not, check back again in early Feb ... I'll have lots of SAB projects to show you.  Until then - have a stampy week - Mahalo!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment