Thursday, January 17, 2013

Oh, Hello!

Happy Thursday!

As you read this I am likely on a beach somewhere in Maui ... trying to remember how to relax!  I may not have the hang of it but I'm sure after a few days away from the computer and all other forms of technology I'll figure it out *lol*.   I'm writing this Tuesday night (2 nights ago) ... I decided I would pull an all-night-er rather than take a 3 hour nap ... so that's what I'm trying to do ... I'm writing up (7) posts that are scheduled for every-other-day while I'm gone.  It SEEMED like a good idea ... at 8:30 pm ... but now that it's 10:46 I'm yawning my head off *lol*  This old gal just doesn't have the staying power she use to have!!!

Right - so here we go.  I will be showing off 7 of the cards I made for my display board for my Appreciation Night last weekend.  I'll start with my favorite.  It's funny how cards "morph".  You start out with one thing in mind and before you know it you have something completely different.  That's what happened to this card.  I started off casing this card designed by fellow demonstrator Mellisa Davies at www.rubberfunatics.blogspot.com (I've been falling in love with a lot of her cards lately and think I have to start stalking her more regularily *lol*)
How is it that I love a card ... then as soon as I start caseing it I immediately change something on it?  Check out how my card ended up!
*lol*  Let's see now ... what exactly is the SAME???  I loved the grey honeycomb base on Melissa's card.  Naturally I changed my base to white and skipped the honeycomb altogether *lol*  I DID use some embossing on my grey, though ... up at the top I used the new Needlepoint Border embossing folder (page 5 of the Spring catty - $9.95).  What else is the same?  I used the new Delicate Details Lace Tape from the Spring catty (page 3 - $11.95 for (2) rolls of (2) different designs).  I LOVE this tape!  It's sticky enough to stay on your card but not so sticky that you can't peel it off the card and move it if you don't like where you put it (which is exactly what I did ... twice!)  What else?  I used the same stamp set "Oh, Hello" (page 4 of the mini - $22.95 clear; $31.95 wood) ... and I did use a dove-tail on the image ... but that's about it *lol*.  Of course I used Melon Mambo ink and whisper white paper.  I just used my paper snips to trim the arrow patterns ... I used the Extra Large Oval punch ($22.95 - page 184 of the main catty) for the sentiment.  The doily along the top is the other lace tape ... I just cut off one of the circles.  I used my Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack punches (page 183 - $22.95) for the Daffodil Delight  and Whisper White flowers.  Those flowers and the lace doily all have a mini silver brad in the middle.  You can't tell from the picture but I used my new Sharpies (I couldn't resist the 24 pack on sale at Costco!!) to color the brads pink and yellow.  Sharpies make me happy :)  Oh!  I also used the new Melon Mambo Striped Organdy Ribbon to finish it off (page 30 of the mini - $13.50)  This is NOT my usual style ... but I LIKE IT!  Thanks Melissa for the inspiration!  I got to make a fun card and used ALL NEW products and stamps on it.  THAT doesn't happen every day!

That's it for today - come back in a few days to see my next one.  Have a stampy day!

Tam

2 comments:

  1. Jelous! Have a great time in Hawaii :) Costco should never have put those sharpies on sale if they didn't want to see the likes of us papercrafters lol... Nice card! Anything with melon mambo on it is a winner in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karly! We're having a great time so far! I love that this card uses all new toys ...and Sharpies to boot! Does it GET any better than that?? *lol*

    ReplyDelete