Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ears to You Little Bunnies :)

Happy Thursday!

Another fun class last night!  Have I mentioned lately that I love what I do?  I do :)

Today, as promised, I'm sharing my favorite Easter Card ... I could just sit and stare at this one for hours :)  So ... without further adeau ...
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Don't you just love it??!!  It just makes me giggle (and no, I haven't been sniffing the Staz-On again!)  It's so clean and simple ... but perky at the same time.  AND LOOK AT THE LITTLE BUNNY TAIL!!!!  SQUEAL~!~  Love love love love it hee hee :)  Alright - breath Tamara ... whhhhhhhh ...

Wanna know how to make it?  Well ... I'm pretty sure you can figure it out but if you want to be JUST like mine then you should probably know the colors, at least!  I used my Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink markers to color the bunnies ... and I used Lucky Limeade for the Happy Easter Sentiment (from Whacky Wishes hostess set) but I used Pink Pirouette and Certainly Celery card stock for the mats.  I tried making one with Lucky Limeade and Pretty In Pink mats ... but they just seemed too bright ... so I stuck with the Celery and Pirouette.  Dimensions:  The PInk Pirouette is 5" (plus 2 ticks) x 3 3/4" (plus 2 ticks).  The white layer is 5" x 3 3/4".  The rabbit layer is 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" and the Celery mat is 3 1/2" (plus 2 ticks) x 1 3/4" (plus 2 ticks).  Don't you just love my measurements?!  It's just easiere for me than to say 1 14/16" ... that's just silly ... 1 3/4" plus 2 ticks makes WAY more sense to me :)  ANYway!  The rabbit layer is popped up on dimensionals .. oh!  and the little Chocolate Chip pattern behind the bunnies!! ... that was made with the "Beyond Plaid" set from the mini - page 14 - $21.95 clear; $28.95 wood.  This is one of my favorite things about the card!  The pattern coordinates with the middle bunny!!!  As "discussed" in my post for my little easter baskets, I LOVE when images coordinate ... this one literally made me squeal out loud (and you KNOW I'm not lying *lol*!)  This Plaid set is one of the first ones I got from the mini ... but of course it had yet to be inked ... until now.  I love that I can make my own designer paper LOOK without the designer paper.  I don't know about you but I still find it tough to CUT my DSP ... I'm always afraid I'll end up wanting to use it for a class but then not having enough if I've cut it!  ... and then despite me having 99% of the DSP available I can never seem to find the perfect pattern or color for what I want ... this set solves my problem - woo hoo!  OK - enough about that ... I used a small piece of Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon for an accent ... and again ... that STINKIN' CUTE bunny tail from a jumbo pearl ... GAWD I love my job :)))

Ok Tam - stop it - focus ...

Right.  Now you KNOW I sat and stared at this little piece of fabulousness for more than a few minutes as I pondered whether or not I could put something in the left hand corner ... perhaps it was too bare.  After fiddling around for a while (and trying a few things out) I decided it didn't and to leave well enough alone.  I did try one more version during class ... just to convince myself it was OK to have blank space on the left.  I simply tried stamping the pattern lower ... here's how it looks:
Yep - I was right ... it was perfect the way it was :)

Thanks for popping in ... until next time ... have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment