Sunday, March 10, 2013

Easter Ideas

Happy Sunday!!!

Thanks for popping in!  Had you given me up for lost??  I can't BELIEVE it has been over a week since I posted!!  I have MEANT to ... but ... well ... I gotta admit I was in a total "funk" last week.  I don't know WHAT happened but I was just so SAD every single day!  I wrote positive things in my "I Choose" journal ... I tried to figure out what was bothering me but just couldn't pull myself out of it!  I think it was likely just a combination of a lot of things ... life in general.  One thing that was really weighing on me was my Dad.  He went in for some day surgery on Wednesday and it had me completely over-the-top stressed out!  Now anyone who knows me KNOWS I'm not a worrier (my Mom corners the market on that score!  I figure she's already worried about every possible scenario under the sun and has every possible solution to the problem figured out so I don't waste my time *lol*)  So by me being stressed out about my Dad made me evern MORE stressed out as I figured it was some sort of "sign" that something was going to go wrong!  I'm beyond happy to report that he is on the mend and I'm glad the whloe thing is almost behind us.  So ... for whatever reason I just wasn't into crafting or blogging.  I certainly didn't want to pass any negative vibes onto my readers!  I haven't done a LOT of crafting but I do have a few projects to share ... namely Easter.

A few weeks ago I got a new stamp set ... "Elements of Style" (page 113 - $24.95 clear; $33.95 wood).  This set has been around for a while now and I have considered it more than a few times ... so I took the plunge and ordered it.  I've seen a lot of lovely projects made with it and thought it would be great for an Easter card.  Hmmm ... since my Mojo wasn't what it should have been last week I'm going to need a few more kicks at it ... I don't LOVE this one but it certainly has potentional ...
Post Script:  I've had a few people ask how I cut half an oval in the centre of the card.  My original paper size is (was) 11" x 4 1/4". I scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". To get the oval to punch just half way you place the framelit where you want it, secure it with a post-it note so it stays in place, and then only run it through the big shot to the fold line (I just place the top cutting pad to the point where I want it to cut).  Here's a picture to help explain:
Here is the inside of the card: 
I used the "Easter Blessing" sentiment (from the mini - page 24 - $10.95 wood only) and the sentiment from (insert GASP here ... it's RETIRED!!!) "God's Blessings" ... I HATE when that happens!  I LOVE this set and didn't realize it retired last year ... drats!  Sigh ... oh well ... these things happen :(  ANYway!!  I stamped the flowers in Black Staz-On and colored them with my Watercolor Crayons.  The sentiments is in Certainly Celery (THAT'S a color I haven't dusted off in a while!!)  I used my oval framelit to cut HALF an oval in the centre of the card.  On the inside I used one of the new Designer Builder Brads with a little pop of Pink Pirouette paper in the centre (I used the Owl Punch to get the right size).  Rather than punch a hole through the paper to attache the brad I took the prongs off the brad (they snap off quite easily or you can use your craft scissors to cut them) and attached it with a mini glue dot.  It's a pretty card (especially if you add Dazzling Diamonds to the flowers) and I may use it to for my card to friends / family but I was looking for something a little quicker and easier ... and more generic ... for my upcoming Stamp-a-Stack.  If people don't want to make an Easter card I want them to be able to switch it out for a Sympathy Card.  I tried again and came up with something much more to my liking:
Yes.  That's better - quick, less fiddly and multi-purpose.  I used white-on-white card stock (rounding the corners with the corner rounder punch and popping it up on dimensionals).  I stamped the Easter Blessings with Chocolate Chip (GASP!  I went really crazy here and stepped AWAY from the Early Espresso!!!!)  The flowers are from Love & Sympathy (a MUST HAVE set! - page 54 - $14.95 clear; $19.95 wood - seriously - SO inexpensive ... buy it!!!).  I colored the stems and leaves with my Certainly Celery Marker and the flowers with the Pink Pirouette Marker.  I stamped the flower in the middle "full on" then stamped again (without re-coloring) to the right for a softer look.  Re-markered the flower - stamped off on a scrap of paper then stamped the flower on the left - again, for a softer look.  I punched out the butterfly with the Elegant Butterfly punch ($21.95 from the main catty - lage 184) and sponged it with some Pink Pirouette.  2 Rhinestones added a little bling. 

So there you have it - a quick, soft Easter card ready in minutes.

I have a few other versions ... and a few other projects to share but I'm afraid you'll have to wait for those ... I need to go play with my girls.  Balance - it's all about balance :)

Have a stampy day ... and thanks for continuing to check in :)))

Tam

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the top card! I have had that stamp set for a long time and is one of my absolute favorites. I don't have the ovals but others, so I will definitely try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Everyone loves to get these types of cards ... Something a little different! Have fun with it ... And you can always come to my Craft Nights to use my oval framelits

      Delete