Friday, April 5, 2013

Beyond Plaid Take IV

Happy Friday!

I have a love/hate relationship with today.  I love that it's Friday ... but I hate that the weather forcast is for "up to 15 CM OF SNOW!!!!  Ack!  Enough already!!  I like winter as much as the next Canadian Gal ... and I would change having 4 seasons a year for sun and beach all year round but SERIOUSLY!  It first snowed October 31st this year ... that's pushing 5 1/2 MONTHS of snow for pity sake!!!!  If I see another snowman this week I just might have to punch it in the head!  *lol* ... well, I wouldn't actually DO that to a child's snowy friend ... but I think it might make me feel a little better!

... on another note ... the Weight Watchers and excercise is going well.  No, I don't WANT to excercise but I know I have to ... it really is the only way I have ever truly lost weight and it's good for me (that and I can't afford to pay $100 for every day I miss!).  The food part is a little tough ... it always is until you get into a groove.  I hate having to think about what I'm putting in my mouth (hence the size of my butt!) and it is VERY time consuming to prep all the vegetables ... and of course prepping food means a lot more dishes every day.  So yes, eating healthy is very time consuming ... but it's worth it, right?  I have to laugh ... last night I made a Vermicelli shrimp bowl for dinner.  I really don't know what I was thinking!  as IF my kids would touch it with a barge pole!  Needless to say, I now have a 4 week supply of the stuff left to eat (since I can only really eat about 1 1/2 cups per day as the noodles are a lot of points!) and the kids had toast for dinner *lol*.  Oh well - like I said before - they don't seem to like WHATEVER I make for dinner so I might as well make what MOM wants to eat, right?  (I promised them tacos tonight .... I can't have them living on toast EVERY night! .... and I'll just have mine on salad or spaghetti squash ....)

RIGHT!  SO!  Onto a project!  Now this card is my absolute favorite in a VERY long time ... I love it so much I can hardly STAND IT!  I just keep staring at it ... I love love love love LOVE it!  Ready?  Are you sitting down?  The awesomeness of it might make you weak in the knees so if you think you might fall down you better sit now (Helen and Sara - you better sit too ... we don't want you going into labour over this!!!)  Here we go ...
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  *insert clapping and jumping up and down here*******
I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTT!!!!

Do you love it?  You HAVE to love it!  I love it!  I don't know exactly WHAT I love about it .. but I love it.

Did I mention I love it?

I do.

Phew.  Ok.  Everybody breathe ... and calm down. 

Now that we have all had our cardiovascular workout for the day lets review this little piece of loveliness, shall we?

The base is obviousl Whisper White.  The other colors used are Raspberry Ripple (my new favorite color), Crumb Cake and Basic Black.  I used the Beyond Plaid stamp set (seriously - you need to own this set!) - page 14 of the mini - $21.95 clear; $28.95 wood).  The sentiment is once again Best Dad Ever - page 27 of the main catty - $17.95 clear; $22.95 wood - stamped in black Staz-on ink (page 157 - $10.50).  Stampin' Up! is still working on the bizarre chemical reaction that takes place when you stamp their Basic Black CLASSIC INK on Whisper White and/or Very Vanilla so I always use my black Staz-on for black images (the "old" black ink pads stamp very "purple" in my opinion - the Staz-on is true black).  The new firm foam black ink pads work fine on every other card stock fine - but when stamped on the white or vanilla it smudges ... so be warned!

Right.  I stamped the car image from  "Need for Speed" page 68 - $17.95 clear; $24.95 wood - in Raspberry Ripple.   I used the splotch from French Foliage in Crumb Cake ink and then colored a few of the splotches with my black marker.  I created my own banner and hand snipped the dove tail.  I used two Neutral Designer Buttons for accents.  One of my favorite elements of this card is the white layer that is embossed with the Argyle Folder - page 189 - $9.95.  OMG I just LOVE how it tied the layers together.  Seriously.  I can't stand it.  I can't.

So!  Do you now see that you really NEED to have the Beyond Plaid set?  It coordinates with so many other items!  Another option / pairing with this set is the Houndstooth Image with the Houndstooth folder!  *insert squeal again*!  Or how about the Chhevron folder with the zig-zaggy image?  Let's look at the full set again, shall we?
Love it.  You need it.  Buy it.

I need to go lay down now - all this excitement has tired me out *lol*.  Until next time - have a stamy day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment