Monday, April 22, 2013

Stippled Blossoms CASE

Happy Monday!

I hope you had a great weekend!  I did!  It was really relaxing.  I love days with nothing scheduled, followed by a few hours of stamping with friends and a yummy, roast dinner to finish things off!

This week is pretty busy.  Today I'm stamping with some Teacher Assistants at their Professional Development Day - tomorrow I'm meeting with Dale Hampshire (head of Canadian Operations) and his team for our "Team Canada" meeting - Wednesday I have a bit of a breather - Thursday is Rebecca's birthday - Friday is Craft Night and then Saturday is Rebecca's birthday party!  No rest for the wicked!!  Guess I better crack on!

Here is the last card we made at my Stamp-a-Stack yesterday.  I cased the idea from Debi Pippin, fellow demonstrator.  Here is her original card:
I loved the color combination she used - Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip.  I didn't use as many layers for my version but the rest is fairly similar:
I've been meaning to use the Stippled Blossoms set (page 78 - $22.95 clear; $32.95 wood) for ... oh ... about a year now, since I got it at Convention last year ... but haven't done it!  I think that's a sign that I have too many stamp sets to use in 1 year!!!  As Debi did, I stamped the background of the flowers and leaves in Crumb Cake and then stamped off on a scrap piece of paper before stamping on my Very Vanilla layer.  I then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig (page 7 - $15.50) to exactly stamp the flower and leave accents in Chocolate Chip.  I used Crumb Cake Seam Binding - a Chocolate Chip layer - and the sentiment, from Loving Thoughts (page 136 - $28.95 clear; $36.95 wood) in Chocolate Chip.  Oh!  And the Vanilla base is run through the Vintage Wallpaper Big Shot folder (page 189 - $9.95).  What a great card, Debi!  It works for most occasions ... barring masculine recipients!  Change the sentiment for Thak You, Just Because, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Birthday ... most anything.  My kind of card!

That's my offering for today.  Pop in again soon to see what's new.  Until then .... have a stampy day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment