Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Warmth & Wonder

Happy Tuesday!

Thanks for popping in to see my project for today.  It's another busy one as I do those 1,000 things before leaving town so I'll get right to it ...

Here is a card I designed for my Stamp-a-Stack ... but it didn't make the final cut :)
I like it!

I used Whisper White and Bermuda Bay Card stock and the Hostess Set "Warmth & Wonder" at the back of the holiday mini catalogue.  It's a 2-step stamping set which means you two of the stamps in the set to create the tree.  The tree itself is stamped in Soft Suede.  The little dots were stamped in Bermuda Bay and then again with Silver Encore Ink.  The snowflakes are also from this set and are also in the Silver Encore Ink.  I stamped the sentiment (ALSO from the set) with Bermuda Bay, punched it out with the Extra large Oval punch (page 182 - $22.95), tied some Baked Brown Sugar ribbon around the layers, popped the sentiment up on dimensionals and added a rhinestone to the middle of the ribbon for a little bling.  I WANTED to add a bunch of rhinestones to the trees but I couldn't ... I was OUT OF RHINESTONES!!!  HOW do these tragedies occur???  I've had so many classes and workshops in the last few months that I didn't know my ever-present HUGE stash of rhinestones slowly but surely diminishing ... and then there were none *insert gasp of horror here*.  I KNOW!  I was sent into a tail spin ... and had to abort the card for the Stamp-a-Stack :(  Oh well ... *they* say "that which does not kill us makes us stronger" ... it didn't kill me ... and it stretched my creativity to try to design 5 Christmas cards with minimal bling ... but I'm assuming it made my creativity stronger.  Ya.  Let's go with that.

Pop in again tomorrow to see another card I had to abort due to no bling.  Too bad - it was a great card for a Stamp-a-Stack.  Until then ... have a stampy day!



Tam

 Oh! Did you remember that today is the day the new One Week Sale begins? Check here to check out what's on offer. And don't forget to check that site out again tomorrow ... for the BIG DOOR CRASHER SALE ITEMS that are on offer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment