Thursday, January 23, 2014

Love You to the Moon … Take II

Happy Thursday!

Not AS busy today in that I don't have anything other than *the usual* to do … but it's a half day at school so it all has to be done quickly! … and of course I need to start setting up for tomorrow night.  Hmmm …. I think it's time to enlist the help of the girls!  They can set up the garage sale stuff in the basement.  THAT should keep them out of trouble, out of my hair AND help me do what needs to be done!  Perfect!  THAT'S using my head for more than a hat rack (as my Dad would say!)

Today's share is another quick and easy card using the "Love You to the Moon"stamp set.  Check it out:
Yay!

I used the Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Midnight Muse card stock (my favourite "guy" colour combo!) and Midnight Muse ink.  I actually CUT my brand new Arrows embossing folder so I could emboss just small strips of card stock in the MIDDLE of a sheet … here is how I cut it:

I actually didn't NEED to cut the folder for the Midnight Muse blue strip …  but my original design embossed the WHITE layer underneath it … for THAT I needed to cut the folder.  Don't worry!  If I ever want to emboss an entire layer I just close the parts I cut and carry on as normal :) This is what I mean ... if I ever want just a BIT of the pattern then I can do THIS now that it's cut:
Only the little strup will emboss.  If/when I want to emboss a bull sheet I close it up again like this:
... and it's good as new :)

Right - back to the original card:
I used my heart framelits to cut out the heart … and embossed the xxxxxx's with my Needlepoint Border folder.  I stamped the sentiments from Love you to the Moon and hand cut it into an arrow, popping the head up on a dimensional.  It needed just a little something, so I added one of the new Basic Metal Buttons with a glue dot.  Perfect.  Love!

That's it for today.  Until next time … have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment