Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Oh Hello!

Happy New Year!

Wishing you all the very, very best in 2014!!  We didn't get up to too much last night.  The girls BEGGED to stay up until midnight ... I couldn't refuse those little eyes (even though I KNEW it would bite me in the butt today!!)  We watched Despicable Me 2 and Ice Age which took us to about 10:30 pm.  Then I went to watch TV in bed (fully expecting to fall asleep!) while they played on the Wii.  At 11:00 pm Rebecca came to watch TV with me ... 10 minutes later Alicia came in toting her new Rainbow Loom.  All I could do was laugh.  I've mentioned those looms since Christmas Day but they weren't interested ... until 11:00 pm New Year's Eve.  I got dressed, turned on the lights and started crafting with them until the big count down.  Naturally they didn't sleep in (the phone rang at 8:00 am ... Auntie down East totally forgot about the time difference!) and so we've been up and at 'em since then.  I was hoping to craft alas the day got frittered away with this and that ... which is my favorite kind of day so no complaints here :)

I wanted to share my Valentine / Thank you card that I made the other day.  Yes, I know I promised it a few days ago but I DID say *ish* when I made that promise *lol*.  So ... without further adeau I give you my cards:

I really like how they turned out!  I designed them for my Kit-to-Go Club but wanted to give an option of a Valentine card OR a Thank You / love card ... hence the two different layouts.  I got the inspiration from fellow demonstrator Cindt Brumbaugh over at www.cindyLeeBeeDesigns.com - here is the card she created:
I love how the texture on her heart mirrored the striped ribbon ... alas I didn't have any of that ribbon on hand so I had to improvise!  The pieces to both of my card are the same ... a strip of 3/4" x 3" striped DSP from the Season of Style paper stack (with dovetail cut out of it), a scalloped heart in Early Espresso (punched out with the Hearts Framelits) with a Whisper White heart (punched out with the Large Heart Punch and then stamped in Midnight Muse using the Oh, Hello! Chevron stamp) ... that heart is popped up on 2 dimensionals.  I used the small heart punch to make the small heart out of Cherry Cobbler card stock ... and added a rhinestone for a little bling.  On the first card I punched out the *xoxo* with one of the framelits that came with my Circle Flip Card Framlit set - with Early Espresso card stock.  That is adhered using mini glue dots.  For the second card I stamped the *Thanks so Much * sentiment in Early Espresso - the sentiment is also from the Oh, Hello stamp set.  The card is on a Whisper White base - the Midnight Muse matt is 5" x 3 3/4" and the whisper white layer on top of that measures 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  I love that the same pieces can make two different cards ... and that it only uses 1 stamp set!

That's it for now ... we could all use an early night!  Pop in again in the next day or two when I'll post the CUTEST little favour I popped in my club girls' orders this month.  It was a little over the top in terms of time ... and expense ... but my girls are SOOOO worth it ... and really - these little treats are the whole reason I got into this stamping gig - I love MAKING them and I love GIVING them away!  (I took one to my neighbour today - I love giving smiles!!)  Until then - have a stampy night ... and a stampy New Year!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment