Monday, February 10, 2014

Gift Bags for the Teachers :)

Happy Monday!

Ahhhh ... Sweet Monday.  I'm totally loving today so far and it's only 11:20 am :)  I've alredy accomplished a lot whilst procrastinating on walking Doodles in the -31 degree temperature.  Nopthing says "I'm avoiding something" like organizing the pantry *lol*

I'm excited to share the KEY-UTE little bags I made on Saturday.  Check them out:

I LOVE THEM!  I've been staring at them ever since I made them!  ... 'cause you know, I just had to put them in the kitchen where I COULD stare at them all day!  Everything about them makes me smile!!!

Last week I was Michaels ... I needed to pick up more Rainbow Loom elastics.  Bloody NORA those things are "the" hot item these days!!! ... and at $3.00 a bag SOMEONE is making some money on them *lol*.  AAAAAAnyway ... whilst I was there I thought I'd have a little snoop around and ended up in the sticker/scrapbooking aisle ... not a place I usually end up ... but I'm glad I checked it out!  They had a number of package of Teacher Stickers on massive clearance ... you know the ones I mean - the ones the teacher's put on the tests, homework etc ... the A+, Well Done, You Rock type of stickers.  Well!  These things were normally $6 and up ... and they were on clearance for $1.49 a pack.  WELL!  You KNOW I'm a sucker for a deal ... so I had to buy them ... but WHY?  What did I need with 1,700 stickers??  Well I couldn't think of any reason for ME to have them ... but for that price I felt another RAK coming on!  I bought 6 packs of stickers for a whopping total of $9.00 to give to the girls' teachers ... just because.  Teachers spend SO much of their own money on posters and supplies like these I thought it would be nice to give them some :)  Now ... how to package them ...

I had ONE lonely white paper bag in the house ... I spend about an hour Friday night looking for one more buit to no avail.  So Saturday I headed out to buy a few more ('cause you KNOW I can't be out of stock ... drives me crazy if I'm out of something for just such crafting/packaging emergencies!!!!)  Once I had the bags I just got to play with my toys and decorate them.  These were SO fun to make!! 

I used my Banner Framelits to make the Calypso Coral banner and the Sweet Dorbet (SAB) designer paper banner.  I used my brayer to color one of my doilies with Pool Party Ink.  I made a Summer Starfruit flower with the new spiral die and then my new Fringe Scissors to cut thin strips of Calypso Coral paper that I scrunched up and hot glued in the centre.  I used my oval punch and Bitty Banner punch with some basic black card stock for some petsl-type accents ... and then grabbed my cork flowers from the free SAB Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack for another flower accent.  I added a jumbo pearl to the centre of that and then (if you look closely) a string of 7 small pearls to the doily.  I stamped the "Just Because" sentiment in black Staz-on (from the "A Dozen Thoughts" set ... I finally broke down and bought this set a few months back just for this one sentiment ... and am I ever glad I did.  I've been using it quite a bit lately!) 

My favorite part of the bag is the little blue pom pom from the free SAB Banner Kit.  When I saw them in my kit I didn't know what to do with them!!!  I KNEW I wouldn't ever use them on a banner but ever since I got them I've been ITCHING to cut them in half ... so that's what I did *lol*.  I grabbed my exacto knife and sliced that sucker open!  They are mainly fluffy fibre-y stuff with a loose type of styrofoam inside.  I hot glued it to the bag (actually I hot glued everything to the bag.  My glue gun is my new best friend lately!!)

The final touch was some retired Pear Pizzazz ribbon I found in my basket of tricks.  I love how it adds a little touch of decoration to the handle and really balances the whole project.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I can't wait to give it to Mrs. Martire and Mrs. Minard.  These ladies are GREAT teachers - kind, patient, smart and always smiling.  My girls love them and so do I ... it's time to pay it forward!!

That's it for today.  Pop in again soon to see the Technique card I came up with for class tomorrow night.  Until then - stay warm and have a stampy Monday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment