Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Oh Hello!

Happy Tuesday!

Not much time to "chat" today … I'm off to Elaine's to de-grey!  (if only de-wrinkling was as easy!)

Today's card is another one we did at my SAS a few weeks back.  My inspiration came from a few places.  First is one from Geri over at manitobastamper.blogspot.ca … I tried to recreate it using our chevron punch but it was too tricky to line all the chevron punched pieces up evenly so I moved on … but I love this card!
Next I was inspired by the clean and simply layout from Justin Krieger's card over on jkcards.wordpress.com :
Love it!  Justin is somewhat of a celebrity in our Stampin' Up! world.  He does amazing work and is one of the few MEN who are Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.  He (and his work) are loved by many!!!

Here is the card I made, inspired by the two above: 
It's a quick, clean card that can be used for so many occasions.  The chevrons are from Oh, Hello! (another set you may not notice but I say is a must-have-keeper!)  I stamped the Melon Mambo chevron in the centre directly on the layer.  I then stamped it again twice on scrap in Bermuda Bay and cut them out with my paper snips.  The sentiment is from the retired Curly Cute, in Basic Grey.  I punched out a small heart and added a rhinestone for a wee punch of pizzazz.  Quick, easy and cute!

Right!  That's it for now - I'm off to walk Doodles before heading to Elaine's.  Pop in again soon.  Until then, have a stampy Tuesday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment