Sunday, October 19, 2014

Warmest Wishes

Happy Sunday!

I'm up and at 'em today, waiting for my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack stampers to arrive.  OK - so maybe I didn't need to get up at 6:23 for a 9:30 am start … but I DO need my morning coffee/quiet time to wake up!

Thought I'd post one of the cards we're making today.  
Love it!  I realize in hindsight this is NOT a Stamp-a-Stack-friendly card!  It's lovely, but fiddly … alas - once I design a card I love I can't "not do it" … so I spent 2 hours yesterday punching out the snowflake so my guests aren't here until dinner time *lol*. 

I started out by punching a 2 1/2" circle in the 5" x 3 3/4" Whisper White layer.  I then ran it through the polka dot embossing folder for some texture.  I then grabbed the "Warmest Wishes" from my Christmas Bliss photopolymer set - as an aside I don't think anyone realizes this set exists - I LOVE it … and it really is the only Christmas sentiment set available this year … only $1995 CDN (plus s/h/gst) … here it is …
I'm ordering tomorrow (Oct 20th) - let me know if you want one!

OK - back to our card.  See the Warmest Wishes stamp?  It has 3 trees attached to the sentiment.  Ya - not anymore!  I took my exact knife and my paper snips and I cut those little trees right off so I could use the sentiment solo … and the trees!  I actually did he same with the Merry Christmas sentiment and ornaments … cut 'em off so I could use both alone … or I could line them up and use them as they were originally intended … expands the usefulness of them!

So!  Once I cut the trees off I inked the sentiment in Early Espresso ink and stamped it through the hole I punched out.  It JUST fits - yay for see-through photopolymer stamps!  Next I took the large and small snowflake framelits that came with my Snowflake Thinlits die …
.. ran the large one through with Island Indigo card stock and the small one through twice with Soft Sky card stock.  Yes, after the first 30 I wanted to poke myself in the eye with my pokey tool - would have been less painful than poking the snowflake out of the metal thinlit!  … but then I started using my wax paper between the thinlit and the card stock.  Life was better then and I saved myself a trip to the emergency room!

I used glue dots to attach each snowflake and added a rhinestone to the centre of  each one.  I love the clean, simple look of this card.  Labour intensive, but lovely all the same :

Right - another cup o' joe and I should be human enough to greet my stampers.  I love my stampers … they make me happy :)

Pop in again soon - and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment