Monday, March 2, 2015

Butterflies, Butterflies, Butterflles!

Happy Monday!

Today was a MUCH busier day than I like on a Monday.  Monday's to me involve staying home, no makeup, catching up on paperwork, bills, cleaning etc after the weekend.  Alas I needed to run errands today after prepping Teacher's Convention Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - then recovering Saturday and Sunday!  Today I needed to do some deliveries and few other left-over items on my to-do list from last week. 

I PLANNED to resume my normal "Monday activities" on Tuesday … however apparently I've neglected to enter any the of grocery store in the last 6 days and the cupboards are bare!  So - off to 10% Tuesday I go bright and early .. then it's off to the vet with Doodles to get his ear checked out.  He's gunna HATE that!  

Anywayyyyyyy - Yesterday was March 1st - and THAT means Stampin' Up! released four more FANTABULOUS new Sale-a-brations items that you can pick from with every $60 you spend.  I feel "another" $240 order coming on!  Check these out ...


I almost started hyperventilating when I saw the twine and buttons.  Seriously.  Totally happened.  Anyone else plan to order $240 worth of stuff so she can get them all??  Hmmm - in hind sight maybe I should have just paid for them during the preorder … would have saved me about $180 *lol*.  Oh well - a gal can ALWAYS use $240 worth of snail refills, right???

OK!  Wanna see another project?  Alrighty!  Here is what I whipped up the night before Teacher's Convention for door prizes ...
Ska-WHEEL!  I really would not have thought I'd be using these butterfly framelits as much as I am.  I'll likely be having nightmares about them soon *lol*

These little post-it-note holders were SO quick and easy to make.  I grabbed a stack of 4" x 4" coaster that I have been hoarding for about … mmmmm - 7 years or so … grabbed my stash of retired DSP (although I read the name of this one 3 times in anticipation of blogging about it I have once again forgotten the name of it - sorry!).  I cut the DSP into 4" x 4" strips, rounded the corners, taped them to the coaster board (the backs are a different pattern but I forgot to take a picture of them!)  I grabbed my stash of bulldog clips (yes, of COURSE I had 3 boxes of them lying around - doesn't EVERYONE?)  I  rummaged through my jar of wash tape, found a green one from Santa & Co and added it to the bulldog clip.  Punched out 36 butterflies out of Mellow Moss card stock, attached them to the coaster with 2 glue dots, added some rhinestones and attached the post it note.  I stamped the sentiment in Mellow Moss.  I love this sentiment.  It is from Feels Good.  I LOVE these little gifts.  Very quick, easy and economical (no - I don't use a full pack of post-it notes - I split each one into 4).

So there you have it.  Think I'll got see what the girls are up to.  I'm "done"!

Pop in again soon.  Until then, have a stampy night!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment