Friday, October 16, 2015

Sparkly Seasons Snow Globes

Happy Friday!!!!

Wow - where did the week go??  I can't believe it's Friday.  I also can't believe it's 2:02 pm and I've done "square root" (as my Dad would say) today!  Heck, I just finished eating lunch!  dishes aren't done, dinner isn't planned …. so …. why start anything now, right?  Let's just chat here for a while instead, shall we??

Last night I wanted to get to the Craft Cave before my brother came over.  Alas - I got into placing an order and 1 1/2 hours later he was here, drink in hand, watching the hockey game before I managed to go down and even say hello!  Oh well .. the boys were watching hockey so I hit the Craft Cave, as I could still see the couch and eavesdrop on any conversations I may have needed to jump in on lol.  I dug out another new Christmas set I've been wanting to play with … Sparkly Seasons.  It was one of the first ones I bought from this catalogue.  It has SO much potential, especially since it is bundled with some corresponding thin lets at 15% off.  Here is the stamp set and thinlits ...

… and of course here is what I made with them …

Love!!!  Notice yet another strong black presence??  Yup - just can't get enough black these days!!!  I tried to keep them simple, hoping to use them for my Stamp-a-Stack but I dunno.  I like the second one better but there is more colouring involved.  Coloring = time = not REAT for a SAS … but we'll see …

For the first card I stamped the globe base (and the snow) in Smoky slate ink.  he globe and snowman are in the Archival Black (yum).  The sentiments were punched out with the thinlits and the new precision cutting mat/plate thingy.  I'm still undecided on that thing.  Do you *need* it?  No.  Is it nice to have - ya I think so.  I didn't need wax paper to run these through … and from what I understand using this plate eliminates those annoying little "bumps" that you get when you use the magnetic plate.  Hmmm - jury is still out.  Anyway!  Glued the sentiment on with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.  Added some of the new white glitter ribbon (page 29 of the holiday catty if you missed it - you get a roll of white AND a roll of gold in the pack!) to look like fallen snow.  I coloured the hat and scarf with my Real Red Marker and the nose with Pumpkin Pie.  For the second card I did virtually the same thing - minus the ribbon … and added an enamel dot and three rhinestones.  I also omitted the snow falling in the globe - just gives it a REALLY clean look.

Love 'em.  Recommend the bundle!

Guess I should go put away the breakfast dishes.  Pfthththth.  Whatever you get up to, hope you have a stampy afternoon!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment