Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Sunshine Sayings with Sweet Sugarplum

Happy Tuesday!

Holy COW was it an epic busy weekend … and by weekend I mean Thursday until now!  Not only was it busy but it was emotionally exhausting - I had ALL the emotions going on - excitement, anticipation, relaxation, elation, stress, worry, love … you name it, I had it!

Reader's Digest Version:

  • Thursday morning my brother came to town as a surprise for my Mom's 75th birthday
  • Thursday afternoon we "revealed" the big surprise
  • Friday morning Alicia headed off to a friend's lake for the weekend
  • Friday afternoon Craig and I hosted a BBQ for both of our families (which required Craig to get up at 4:00 am to start smoking the brisket and me in the kitchen prepping all day)
  • Friday evening Rebecca's sniffles from the day before had turned into the nastiest cold known to mankind
  • Saturday day Rebecca looked like death, felt worse and was in agony from a super tight chest
  • Saturday night I "slept" with one eye open as Rebecca's breathing was totally freaking me out - shallow, gurgle noises like I've never heard and wheezing like a 99 year old man
  • Sunday morning spent 3 hours at the medicentre getting Rebecca checked out and treated for bronchitis 
  • Sunday afternoon drove to Stony Plain to pick up Alicia
  • Sunday evening got all dolled up and went to dinner theatre with everyone (except Rebecca and Craig) to celebrate mom's birthday
  • Monday afternoon spent the day with my brother
  • Monday night prepped for my stamping classes … that start in a few hours
It's been just NUTS around here!  But it's all good now.  Rebecca is on the mend, my brother is here for the rest of the week and there is no real schedule to adhere to.  Summer is here and the living is easy (well, last weekend notwithstanding *lol*)

So let's take a look at on of the projects we're making today at my class, shall we?  OK!  Here it is …
I wasn't too sure how I felt about this one when I first made it … but when I went back to it yesterday I decided "yup" I like it :)

Started off with a standard card base (5 1/2" x 4 1/4")
Added a layer of Rich Razzleberry Card Stock - 3 3/4" x 5" 
Added a layer of Whisper White 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
***  Tip - make sure when you tape the top whisper white layer down that it is parallel to the card base - you don't want the top layer to be tilted at all of the word "sunshine" and/or stamping will look (or actually BE) crooked. ***

The flower and "sunshine" are from the Sunshine Wishes Framelits (page 194 of the catalogue)
The flower is cut from the new Sweet Sugarplum card stock, the "sunshine" from Rich Razzleberry.

The "You are my" is stamped in Rich Razzleberry and is from the set that corresponds with the above framelits, Sunshine Sayings ...
Love love LOVE these two items - absolute MUSTS, in m opinion!

I glued the flower and sentiment down with my Fine Tip Glue pen, added 3 enamel dots and then, as always, reached for my Clear Wink of Stella to add a bit of bling.  MAN I have NEVER used a product as much as the Wink.  Every card we are making today uses it … and I'd say 95% of the cards I've made since this product has become available have at least a BIT of it.  Can't seem to craft without it!  LOVE that stuff!

So there you have it - a run down on my "crazy" and a quick, easy, cute project to try.  I must dash - need to walk the Doodle Dog before my crafters get here.

thanks for popping in and have your self a super stampy day!


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment