Thursday, August 25, 2016

Embossed Glassine Bags

Happy Thursday!

The last few days have been a lot of fun, as I've had a chance to hit my Craft Cave a few times.  Well … more out of necessity than just to find something to do.  I had a meeting yesterday at a Senior Facility to arrange to volunteer and help the seniors get those photos out of their shoe boxes and into some Project Life sleeves.  I'm SO excited for that!  I also needed to hit The Cave to prep for a mini crafting session I'm having today for some young stampers who will be putting together the Oh What Fun Tag kit from last years holiday catalogue.  Regardless of the reasons why, I got to craft and that's ALWAYS a good thing.

Today I'm sharing a little trick to use with our glassine bags.

Remember last month when I had a *slight* obsession with embossing … and flourishes?  Well here is one more project I made using both ….
The flourish (from Flourish Framelits) was stamped in Veramark and then heat embossed with (retired) Cherry Cobbler embossing powder on one of our 5" x 3 1.2" notecards.  I then stamped the sentiment and embossed that in black embossing powder.  The size of these notecards is just PERFECT for this size flourish.  The card really doesn't need anything more.  Quick, easy and elegant.  Simply LOVE it!  I made a bunch of these, with the plan to give them to the office staff at Alicia's school next week.  I wanted a quick way to package them.

Enter our glassine bags.

These bags are a great item to have on hand for just such packaging needs.
You get 10 bags for only $5.25 - HECK of a deal!  They are 6 1/2" x 4 3/4" inches so they can hold standard sized cards no problem

You can also buy glassine SHEETS this year.
You get 10 sheets for $6.75.  They measure 6" x 10" - so you can use these sheets on projects or to make your own customized bags.  I have both on hand - highly recommend!

So now on to the "trick".  Check this out ...
Isn't that great?  I simply ran the bag through the big shot with the Petal Burst embossing folder …
The glassine is thin enough to run through but to accept this great embossed texture.  It reminds me of an alligator skin purse.  Love it!

Just pop those cards in the bag and wa-low!  Ready to add a tag and go!
That's it for today - I'm off to start my day.  Pop in again soon :)


Tam

1 comment: