Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Santa's Sleigh - Tag or Card?

Happy Wednesday!

I know yesterday I said to pop in today to see a fun trick to use on your glassine bags … but I changed my mind.  Crafter's prerogative *lol*.  I finally got to use a few of my new Holiday Catalogue toys and wanted to share THAT instead.  So … the question is … is it a tag or is it a card?

The "card" version is a little more impressive *live* but I think I prefer the tag either way.  It took me an hour or so to come up with it but it will only take about 10 minutes to make now that I know what I'm doing *lol*.

I used all new products, barring the tag topper punch.

I started with a 2" x 4 3/4" strip of Whisper White and punched the tag.  Actually, I punched two pieces (I'll explain why in a minute)

I stamped the sentiment from an up and coming set in the Holiday Catalogue, Tin of Tags, in Memento Black ink.  I then layer the tag on my card base and stamped the swirl from another new set, Star of Light, in Mint Macaron.  The tiny stars on the card base are from the same set and in the same colour.

Next I punched out the sleigh base in Real Red and the Whisper White sleigh "topper" (??) using the new Santa's Sleigh Thinlits.  I glue them together with my fine tip glue pen.  

The ribbon is new - Real Red 3/4" stitched ribbon - I used the new Candy Cane Lane twine to tie it.  I used the new Real Red metallic thread to tie on a new silver jingle bell to the back of the sleigh.  I also used the red thread behind the sleigh.  Kinda hard to see but it's there.  You can't see it in the tag picture unless you really look.  For the tag version, this is why I punched out two tags - I attached the thread to the back of the tag but wanted to hide the messiness of it.

I attached the sleigh to the tag with dimensionals and, for the card version, I attached the tag to the card base with dimensionals so it has some fun 3-D-edness to it (hey!  it COULD be a word!)

So there you go.  A sneak peek at some of the new products you can order starting next Thursday.  Pop in again tomorrow to see that glassine bag trick I keep mentioning.  Until then, have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment